Gibson Brands Forums

Finally took the plunge on an SG Standard

RobG

I missed out on the crazy year-end prices from Sweetwater and AMS earlier this week but managed to work out a deal with MF for a Natural Burst SG Standard with the min-ETune. Better late than never I suppose.

Tried to work in their "Black Friday" 15% off deal into the close-out pricing. Was able to get some but not all of it taken off. Have been wanting to fool around with alternate tunings so maybe this will make that a little more user friendly for me.

The guitar wasn't actually in stock but more are expected to arrive in a few days. Hope to have in my hands by the end of next week.

I know the deal, pictures or it didn't happen.

Rob G

I missed out on the crazy year-end prices from Sweetwater and AMS earlier this week but managed to work out a deal with MF for a Natural Burst SG Standard with the min-ETune. Better late than never I suppose.

Tried to work in their "Black Friday" 15% off deal into the close-out pricing. Was able to get some but not all of it taken off. Have been wanting to fool around with alternate tunings so maybe this will make that a little more user friendly for me.

The guitar wasn't actually in stock but more are expected to arrive in a few days. Hope to have in my hands by the end of next week.

Rob G

Sweetwater still has some of those listed at $1039 without e-tune.

Rob G

I think MF is an ambiguous abbreviation [biggrin]

The Natural Burst finish looks very great, so I look forward to the the pics to come [love]

I jumped all over it and got the very last 61 reissue at Sweetwater in Ebony. I'm still pinching myself. I like it better than my Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro. The Classic 57's just scream out heavenly with this SG body.

This will be my main axe for the rest of my life.

post-61468-092403200 1385733185_thumb.jpg

post-61468-005183800 1385733197_thumb.jpg

post-61468-055960200 1385733204_thumb.jpg

I jumped all over it and got the very last 61 reissue at Sweetwater in Ebony. I'm still pinching myself. I like it better than my Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro. The Classic 57's just scream out heavenly with this SG body.

This will be my main axe for the rest of my life.

post-61468-092403200 1385733185_thumb.jpg

post-61468-005183800 1385733197_thumb.jpg

post-61468-055960200 1385733204_thumb.jpg

[thumbup] Good Choice! Enjoy it, I'm sure you will! [biggrin]

CB

Archived