Gibson Brands Forums

Apparently we are all idiots

Rabs

That was beautiful man, you don't say a lot on here but when you do Im impressed.

I think that's a lot of all of our problems when we post on the internet and we have to learn the hard way as we drive people away.

Saying someone is stupid for the way they like it or do it is a downer.

We all do it to some point, some greater than others and it turns people off.

Bottom line we are all trying to find friends with like interests on these places.

Hearing our mates or mothers say uh huh when we talk pickup theory is not fulfilling enough lol.

My favorite lines are "you draw more flies with honey than you do vinegar" and "keep your words soft and sweet, never know which ones you have to eat".

I forget those all the time.

Yeah, there's alot to be said there!

I do put my foot in my mouth from time to time, but I also have learned that I try very hard not to perceive specific emotions or intentions from simple typewritten text...

I'm a hack wannabe and I know it, but I love guitars and I love the Blues, and I love Limey British Blues!

I love playing Blues even if I'm a heavy-handed, clumsy hack!

I do & try with all my heart and soul and I find it rewarding and meaningful to myself and I try to stay true to myself with it all...

I hate the basher band-wagon in general, but sometimes from consistent content, it's warranted...

I suspect the guy ain't a bad guy, and he's obviously very opinionated, but then again who ain't...

Would I respond to people the way he does? Not likely, but having said that I've seen the YouTube bashers sh!t all over people trying real hard and serious in their passions for no reason at all and I can see why some repond w/cynicism, sarcasm, and possibly even offensive intent as an immediate reaction to the BS many like to rain all over the place on YT...

Lots of @$$holes like to crap on peoples footpaths on YT and it makes lots of folks bitter to have to try and justify or explain themselves all the time.

Having said that, I still think Mr. Grove is purposely abrasive and inflames the discourse for no apparent reason sometimes. Other than possibly it gets him talked about... :-k

If that's really Scott Grove who posted in this thread, well I guess there's really no specific disrespect intended on a personal level, he hasn't flamed me yet for no reason...

I don't like his stuff so I don't watch it. It's really that simple...

I have watched quite a few of Scotts youtube videos and as mentioned by others his 'style' is very much his own and I guess its a take it or leave it sort of thing like anyone. If easily offended I suggest you might want to give it a miss though.

but.. I do find his reviews of his many past and present guitars interesting, and through these have become aware of many guitars I'd never known of - for example he had a big collection of many of the Norlin guitars i was unaware of that i found interesting to learn about - eg Corvus. These reviews are quite detailed and whilst I'm not expert enough to know the detail accuracy, and you need to ignore the personal biases, you certainly get a good chance to see and hear the guitars in question. I think theres a wealth of information - albeit use your judgement to separate fact from opinion.

His 'blind tests' of multiple guitars (hear first, then guitars are revealed) are also quite interesting and tend to be not so opinionated.

I'm sure Scott's approach to 'humour' resonates with some and not with others - and helps get him a lot of views - but at least its out there for all to see! Whilst the racist etc stuff is not cool, I don't mind being challenged as a 'dumb MF' etc if it makes me think and at least go back and confirm my understanding - and quite frankly sometimes my opinions have changed based on these challenges.

I wish him no ill.

I do clean my fretboard (Fret Doctor), which requires me to take all the strings off. I do it about once a year, but like Searcy says only when I think they need it. But, geez, there is a very simple solution to keeping the bridge and stoptail in place...rubber bands!

Yeah, there's alot to be said there!

I do put my foot in my mouth from time to time, but I also have learned that I try very hard not to perceive specific emotions or intentions from simple typewritten text...

I'm a hack wannabe and I know it, but I love guitars and I love the Blues, and I love Limey British Blues!

I love playing Blues even if I'm a heavy-handed, clumsy hack!

I do & try with all my heart and soul and I find it rewarding and meaningful to myself and I try to stay true to myself with it all...

I hate the basher band-wagon in general, but sometimes from consistent content, it's warranted...

I suspect the guy ain't a bad guy, and he's obviously very opinionated, but then again who ain't...

Would I respond to people the way he does? Not likely, but having said that I've seen the YouTube bashers sh!t all over people trying real hard and serious in their passions for no reason at all and I can see why some repond w/cynicism, sarcasm, and possibly even offensive intent as an immediate reaction to the BS many like to rain all over the place on YT...

Lots of @$$holes like to crap on peoples footpaths on YT and it makes lots of folks bitter to have to try and justify or explain themselves all the time.

Having said that, I still think Mr. Grove is purposely abrasive and inflames the discourse for no apparent reason sometimes. Other than possibly it gets him talked about... :-k

If that's really Scott Grove who posted in this thread, well I guess there's really no specific disrespect intended on a personal level, he hasn't flamed me yet for no reason...

I don't like his stuff so I don't watch it. It's really that simple...

That's a very accurate, objective, sensible etc. way to see it and a well worded response. [thumbup]

Archived