Gibson Brands Forums

Morley ABY Switch Problem

TheJman

Hey guys,

I just got a Morley ABY switch so I can run my 73 Fender Super Reverb and my Marshall Combo. I got everything setup and working great except that the Marshall has a very serious buzz sound and the Fender has a slight one. The packaging for the switch said that that is very common when you put to grounded amps together like that. (It also recommended to go to a website for ways to fix it, but all it did was plug a $100 product.)

Does anybody know of a way to fix the problem??? I'm not very smart when it comes to this kinda stuff, so any advice would be helpful.

Thanks in advance and God bless!

One thing you can try is changing the ground on one of the amps; the Super Reverb should have a switch for that on the back panel. I've never used an amp switcher like that so I can't say for sure if it will help but it's an easy enough experiment.

True that!

Thats what I use and its whisper quiet. Not cheap' date=' but the best never is.

[img']http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c231/Toronto_Ontario/Tonebone.jpg[/img]

If that's just a ground lift, he should already have that on the back of his Super Reverb which, I assume, does the same thing. The switch on the pedal is probably handy for amps that don't have that feature built in though.

The Radial Engineering switch that I was looking at was the BigShot ABY True Bypass Switcher. Would that do the trick?

I don't know. I would try changing the ground switch on your Super Reverb before you go dropping 2-4 times as much money as you spent on the Morley pedal.

Archived