Gibson Brands Forums

What do you drive?

nick_s

Cars are another passion of mine, been through enough :D

I currently drive a 2000 Honda Prelude, having recently given my wife my 2006 Vauxhall Vectra after her Corsa failed spectacularly by way of clutch/flywheel/timing chain.

My current ride:

prelude2.jpg

My Vectra that the wife now has:

IMG_2508.jpg

What do you all ride around in?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I WAS driving a '92 Camry but I tore a rod bearing out of it Friday night so I sold it to my junk guy today for $150. My main vehicle NOW will be my late fathers '88 S-10 Blazer. I've owned it for almost 6 years but don't use it much. It only has 83,000 miles on it. I also have an 82 Ford pickup that should have been retired years ago. Bought it in 1995 for $1200.

I just parked my summer car for the winter. I am going to miss it.

2eb7g1v.jpg

Still Corvette shopping though. I have the cash, it's just finding the right one.

Well I WAS driving a '92 Camry but I tore a rod bearing out of it Friday night so I sold it to my junk guy today for $150. My main vehicle NOW will be my late fathers '88 S-10 Blazer. I've owned it for almost 6 years but don't use it much. It only has 83,000 miles on it. I also have an 82 Ford pickup that should have been retired years ago. Bought it in 1995 for $1200.

2eb7g1v.jpg

Still Corvette shopping though. I have the cash, it's just finding the right one.

Nice ride!

I will tell you but sit down so you can contain the excitement.

Are you ready???? ok,,,

We have an 08 Kia Sedona and a 98 Cavalier.

I know,,, take a deep breath. Don't stand up right away.

We got a late start and have young kids hence the awesome vehicles.

But the Sedona has built in dvd,, and if you've ever had kids in the back you know how awesome that could be.

But I do have a nice bike... I guess that is my toy.

I've driven junkers all my life because that's all I could afford. Now that I can afford to do otherwise, it's still hard to shift gears. My wife bought a 2012 Mazda 6 last spring and the payments are comfortable. It had 34,000 miles and hopefully will give her a few years of good use without wondering if it's going to start in the morning or wonder what's going to fall off it next. I would like to do the same at some point, either with a newer Explorer, Trailblazer, or possibly an Escalade if the price is right. Not new, but preferably under 100K miles and not much over the five figure threshold.

Howevah.... The bucket list beckons. There will be a Corvette in the driveway, possibly before the end of the year. And next on the bucket list is a red Jeep Wrangler, stone stock, automatic, no lift kit, and the top will be down and the doors will be off, period. Set them out for the garbage man coz they ain't goin' back on

It's no different than GAS, just more expensive and (thankfully) a shorter list.

2eb7g1v.jpg

That sir is a STUNNING car!

That sir is a STUNNING car!

Thanks. I've known the car for 30 years or more. It belonged to a female friend who is also my barber. I was saving for a Vette and one day she was talking about her '57, which had been parked since 1998. She sighed and said "I think I'm going to have to sell the '57..."

So much for the Vette. We both knew what was going to happen next. I didn't buy it, I adopted it.

Well, for $5000 cash anyway.

I probably put another $2000 into it, new carb, gas tank, radiator, heater core... whatever I saw as a weak link got replaced. Not done yet.

Picture1883.jpg

f38b4b26-56ac-4294-8beb-88d2740cab2c_zpsbeb5d11f.jpg

My Ranchero is more of a daily driver than my T-Bucket

But the bucket is an E ticket ride for sure

SBC , 383 pushing about 540 hp at 1,800 pounds total weight.

Did all the work including all the engine and paint on both myself other than the interior on the T-bucket.

This is another hobby of mine.

Hey BRC nice bucket seems we have sort of the same taste mines a 23 and actually has an original Model T frame.I have a 392 Hemi in mine with a push button two speed transmission,dual holly 780's.It's put away for the winter so were back to driving a 2004 volvo and a 2002 ford focus and my 2006 suzuki M50 is put away also.

33fa7484-5e4b-4d39-babe-11e59bbfc081.jpg

I had the car bug for quite some time and went through many rods (Quite a few Mustangs) from 2 mustang shelbys to a 70 convertable GTO. Dam I miss my toys but wow they got expensive.No good pictures of it with the roof on but the T shaped rear window is cool.

Our Rides

1959 Chevy Apache:

IMG_85483634003100.jpg

1972 Nova:

GregatYBNATS.jpg

Don't really have a pic of the daily driver.

We have had many cars: 1968 Chevelle, 1969 Chevelle, 1963.5 Ford Falcon (with an SBC), 1979 Chevy Cheyenne, 1970 Buick Skylark, 1979 Chevy Malibu Wagon, 1980 Chevy Suburban and we just inherited my husband's Father's 1992 Ford Taurus Wagon.

Hey BRC nice bucket seems we have sort of the same taste mines a 29 and actually has an original Model T frame.I have a 392 Hemi in mine with a push button two speed transmission,dual holly 780's.It's put away for the winter so were back to driving a 2004 volvo and a 2002 ford focus and my 2006 suzuki M50 is put away also.

33fa7484-5e4b-4d39-babe-11e59bbfc081.jpg

I had the car bug for quite some time and went through many rods (Quite a few Mustangs) from 2 mustang shelbys to a 70 convertable GTO. Dam I miss my toys but wow they got expensive.No good pictures of it with the roof on but the T shaped rear window is cool.

nice looking bucket!! 393 Hemi, now thats a "ride"

'98 Silverado w/an all cast iron 1st Generation 350 Vortec.

like new inside and out, engine given a few minor tweaks to improve mpg and performance.

GarysCam273.jpg

GarysCam276.jpg

We have the same year truck, only in red with grey interior! :). We have been having some issues with some codes lately, though. Poor truck does have 196,000 miles on it so it's kind of expected.

Archived