Gibson Brands Forums

What do you drive?

nick_s

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have the same year truck, only in red with grey interior! :). We have been having some issues with some codes lately, though. Poor truck does have 196,000 miles on it so it's kind of expected.

240,000+ on mine and still issue free.......top end of the engine also reworked right before I bought it.

i'm owner #2, and #1 was a Senior combat vet that babied it, but his "hook" left hand wore a rut in the top of the steering wheel (padded cover fixed that) & scratched up around the lightswitch....otherwise it's literally like new still.

and I LOVE the Apache !

a friend from school had one that he'd jacked up so high he couldn't drive it in town because his rollbar lights hit a stoplight the 1st time he tried......every time the Police caught him out in it, they had a "ticket fiesta" on him.

See, it's photos like that, that make me want to visit the UK and drive around the countryside, and everything looks like a James Herriot novel. Except I'd pick up Reginald Perrin hitch-hiking.

Probably not an accurate picture in my brain.

Nice Moggie, Ian!

[thumbup]

I don't have my 'Fun' car anymore. I hadn't used it for years and it was going to 'go the way of all steel' sitting on my drive so after 16 years of ownership I bade goodbye to my '73 Porsche 914 - 4 2.0L.....[crying]

My old Mazda also died [scared] so I had to replace it sharp-ish (as we were booked to take a car on the Eurotunnel to France for the hols!) and got this;

Clochette_zps587bbeab.jpg

See, it's photos like that, that make me want to visit the UK and drive around the countryside, and everything looks like a James Herriot novel. Except I'd pick up Reginald Perrin hitch-hiking.

Actually a very large percentage of the UK is exactly like that, ksd. More hills, perhaps, but by and large the UK is the 'Green and Pleasant Land' as per the song.

Stay off the Motorways and it's a great place to go for a run in the car.

P.

I drive a 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser I bought new July of 2006.

Heavily modified for off road and camping trips.

It is setup with an ARB fridge/freezer behind my seat, and onboard air compressor and CO2 tanks for airtools and filling tires, and I can sleep on my roof.

12.jpg

25.jpg

42.jpg

2.jpg

Inside shot with bedding and ladder.

It is very nice, get to a camping spot, crank the top up, and all the bedding is in place.

tent5_4_23_2011.jpg

4.jpg

Just a cupla late '90s Jeeps for a cupla old people where weather can bring difficulty in getting around. Cherokee and Grand Cherokee, both with well over 100,000 miles on 'em.

The fancy cars were back in my younger days.

m

Toyota Tundra

DSC_0004_zpsba6df61c.jpg

badbluesplayer

Is that the amp you were working on at one time? If I remember right <which seems to be less and less any more> you were working on an amp.

Anyway whether that is the amp or not, that thing looks great. How is the sound. and what is the power output. Nice!.

2009 Toyota Prius w/ the JBL sound system. The last of the second generation that has the virtual shifter on the dash instead of the center column. She's paid off and that is a great feeling. Since I take the train to work, it's more my wife's car.

DJS, my thinking is along the same lines as yours. I drive a 2006 Kia Rio and my wife drives a 2004 Kia Sorento.

When I bought my Rio, I created a spreadsheet life cycle cost analysis comparing it to several similar sized economy cars even including some hybrids. The spreadsheet compared first cost, interest on four year loan, cost of gas at the time I bought it for 15,000 miles a year (I played with the cost of gas value to see what gas would have to cost to make one of the hybrids the low cost option) and the study was for 10 years, which is about how long I generally am able to keep a car. The Rio won hands down with average combined gas mileage of 32 mpg and a first cost of only $11,000 new. A $25,000 hybrid at the time of my study would require gas prices to be over $8.00 for the whole 10 years to beat the Rio for cost of ownership.

The Rio was the third Kia I've had. I sold the first one a Sportage with 140,000 miles on it to a friend of a friend of mine, it's still running.

Cars are another passion of mine, been through enough :D

I currently drive a 2000 Honda Prelude, having recently given my wife my 2006 Vauxhall Vectra after her Corsa failed spectacularly by way of clutch/flywheel/timing chain.

My current ride:

prelude2.jpg

[scared] Yikes! I hope you kept the receipt. They put the steering wheel on the wrong side.

I'm driving a 2009 Ford Explorer. Bought in 2010 with about 30,000 km's on it. Give or take 20,000 miles. Saved $17,000 off of new. Now has about 100,000 km's (60,000 miles).

My last half dozen cars/trucks were all bought new. I don't think I'll buy new anymore.

Too bad they changed the style of the Explorer so much in 2010. I likely won't buy another. I'm on my 3rd one now.

badbluesplayer

Is that the amp you were working on at one time? If I remember right <which seems to be less and less any more> you were working on an amp.

Anyway whether that is the amp or not, that thing looks great. How is the sound. and what is the power output. Nice!.

That's a tube reverb unit. Like the vintage ones. Thanks for the compliment. It sounds really lush.

Funny you should say that, I live about 20 miles away from James Harriot country!

Ian.

Archived