Gibson Brands Forums

What do you drive?

nick_s

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You sure? I'm a day older'n dirt!

According to your profile you're 64. I went on Medicare in July. So I guess that makes me one year and one day older than dirt [omg]

Mato...

Top Step Whiz is horse. Vanessa Ternes, world amateur reining division championships of AQHA, 40 horses qualified and she Nov. 10 competed in in Oklahoma City. She scored 199 points in her division among 40.

Former miss rodeo sd is living with Danielle in Bozeman, Mont. Where Danielle is a dentist and Vanessa a dental hygienist.

It looks like she shows strictly quarter horse and I don't go to AQHA shows anymore. That's why I don't know her.

You guys both are just kids. Sheesh.

<chortle>

And yeah, I think she's strictly AQHA at this point. At one point she was talking about barrel racing a lot, but I think this lets her do more stuff than any kind of racing circuit. Tiny little girl who actually IMHO fits the barrel racer profile in a lotta ways but... she's livin' it.

BTW, my state actually will have three girls we can call "our own" in the Miss Rodeo America competition and it appears another one in the Miss Rodeo USA later on. Miss Rodeo Florida is from here and moved there with the military that's still her full time job, Miss Rodeo SD and Miss Rodeo ND who was raised part time in SD and attends college here.

It's not so much formal reining, but I know all three girls and any of 'em will, can, and have ridden borrowed bucking stock in the arena and carrying flags... Most folks don't have a clue to what good riders they are, at least in a "cowgirl" riding sense. Any one of 'em could do about any chore at a branding, too.

You horse guys will recognize that it's difficult to control a horse in an 80-mph thunderstorm. I watched and "shot" a Miss Rodeo SD do just that on a one-day borrowed horse, carrying the full-size American flag, and you couldn't see across the rodeo arena from the chutes to the grandstands. It's a longer story, but... The horse danced a little but remained in control regardless of branches and papers hitting him. It's kinda a local legend.

m

Now that's a great bike trail ride if I ever did see one!!! I could tool down the trail in the covered back with "HopSing" at the pedals & handlebars in STYLE. [thumbup]

Would need me a "Bar & Shield" on it somewhere. Maybe placed like the Amish have (slow moving vehicle icon) on the back!! [biggrin]

Aster

Archived