Gibson Brands Forums

what's up for 2014?

littlejohnny

Hi everybody,

while I'm still building up my budget and contemplate which way to go, small body (Lg-2) or dreadnaught (Hummingbird) I wondered if anybody knows whats coming in 2014. A while back people posted the limited runs for the five star dealers. Since I'm not so much into the lg-2 AE (looks) and the standard H'bird (neck profile) I'd like to know if gibson comes up with some special runs for those models or alike.

Actually I'd like to see a natural H'bird TV with cherry b&s or an adi-topped banner LG-2 reissue. But thats just me.

Hi everybody,

while I'm still building up my budget and contemplate which way to go, small body (Lg-2) or dreadnaught (Hummingbird) I wondered if anybody knows whats coming in 2014. A while back people posted the limited runs for the five star dealers. Since I'm not so much into the lg-2 AE (looks) and the standard H'bird (neck profile) I'd like to know if gibson comes up with some special runs for those models or alike.

Actually I'd like to see a natural H'bird TV with cherry b&s or an adi-topped banner LG-2 reissue. But thats just me.

Have you seen the LG2 Americana ?

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Acoustic-Instruments/Small-Body/Gibson-Acoustic/LG-2-Americana.aspx

it has a red spruce top :

tony says it's sitka but the specs are red spruce

JC

Hmm even the specs say Sitka? Nice looking guitar though.

Ivoroid would have been nicer

Jamie,

the home page states :

Originally built for Patty Griffin, this little giant produces a charming and seductive tone that rivals much larger-bodied guitars while maintaining exceptional clarity and focus in individual notes. Ideal for folk, blues and finger style, the delicately balanced LG-2 maintains a full-dynamic range in a compact package.

The handcrafted red spruce top, hand-scalloped top bracing secured with hide glue provide additional warmth and richness to an already famous classic tonewood combination. The short scale and comfortable nut width make for easy playing no matter what the style. Quality Gibson construction, a dovetail neck-to-body joint, and simple appointments remain true to the intent of the original, while subtle changes in playing feel provide the modern player with the best of both worlds.

the person who probably did the specs page probably got confused .

the music zoo and guitar village in the UK also list the top as Red Spruce .

JC

{snip} Maybe it's just my ears today {snip} Not gonna touch that remark after the tinnitus run! But, mountainpicker, I sure heard it the same as you. The guitar was great and really did compliment Tony's standard runs. It's been a little while since a small body has really interested me. That one is nice.

strange, the spec list of the LG-2 A says it has a slim taper neck profile. Not for me.

But anyway, I know what is offered right now, I wanted to know if someone knows about whats coming. 2014 is the 120 anniversary of Gibson. The electric department already anounced some"new" models for 2014. Nothing from Bozeman yet. And what about those lists for the 5 Star Dealers that were posted earlier this year?

In this day & age, having a duff website is criminal... given they offer many flavours of the same thing, you'd really think the least they could do is make sure the actual product descriptions were spot-on.

Let's be honest in the luxury goods market that last impression you want to make is one that says you can't be bothered to get it right.

It'd be a funny restaurant if they had went into that line of work . 'here's a menu , you get something close to what you've ordered '

I like the look of this pizza, could I have that with an egg on top? - No sir the custom shop is closed.

OK, I'll take that pizza with the spiced salami and the buffalo mozzerella... Actually sir, that pizza is with sausage and cheddar, we haven't updated the menu in a while.... but you should feel thrilled to have a table here at all, we're a busy restaurant.

I understand but is anything on the menu exactly as the dish described? - There's one or two sir, but I'm not sure which ones..... we never look through to check to be honest, we're an elitist institute, we have heritage you know!

Excuse me waiter, there seems to be a problem with my dish..... - Actually Sir, we're outside the US so returns are forbidden, we can send your dish to a service centre though, it's similar enough for the likes of you... but I filled in that gold member thing for the restaurant.. yes sir, that means nothing here, would you like to order anything else now?

'Of course if you prefer, Sir, there is another restaurant down the road which sells rare, classic pizzas that we made 70 years ago. You might think that they'd have gone stale, but aficionados swear they've improved with age. It turns out that they weren't made by our official chefs in those days, but by a bunch of women who did a lot of cooking at home, so turned out to be a dab hand at pizza dough. Some of the bases were made with potato flour, and some even used millet. Some of the cheese tops were made in four parts, though wartime shortages meant that only Monterey Jack was available, so it wasn't so much Quattro Formaggio as four cheese slices. There is a premium for these items, though, as I'm sure you'll appreciate.'

'Of course if you prefer, Sir, there is another restaurant down the road which sells rare, classic pizzas that we made 70 years ago. You might think that they'd have gone stale, but aficionados swear they've improved with age. It turns out that they weren't made by our official chefs in those days, but by a bunch of women who did a lot of cooking at home, so turned out to be a dab hand at pizza dough. Some of the bases were made with potato flour, and some even used millet. Some of the cheese tops were made in four parts, though wartime shortages meant that only Monterey Jack was available, so it wasn't so much Quattro Formaggio as four cheese slices. There is a premium for these items, though, as I'm sure you'll appreciate.'

'Like' :D

Don't forget the traditional Napoli pizza is just hot flatbread, cheese and tomato......

I like the odd vintage Gibson, but don't really want a vintage pizza, unless......ha ha ha ha shock horror, it has.......eeek....pinapple........

BluesKing777.

Isn't that just the equivalent of gassing for a J55?

I love this!!

Pineapple on pizza - a true sign of the working class.

Yes, I believe that E.P. Thompson noted the importance of pineapple on pizza in his seminal 'Making of the English Working Class' as far back as 1963. Of course Engels missed the phenomenon when he wrote 'The Condition of the Working Class in England' in 1842-1844, but there is an early draft of 'Oliver Twist' in which Dickens has the eponymous hero asking for another slice of Hawaiian rather than more gruel.

I couldn't eat it, hot fruit is just wrong.... Christmas cake, disgusting... whacking a pineapple on a pizza, revolting... those cooked pears that are stripped and served as a stewed dessert, proper manky. Just couldn't be dealing with the hot fruit scenario at all. Horrible textures when served hot. I'd rather go hungry... after all, nothing tastes as good as skinny feels.

Archived