Gibson Brands Forums

Hand Lotion?

Sitedrifter

But seriously, folks. My guess, probably the least greasy you can find. Nitrocellulose has very limited solubility in most oils, fatty acids, and moisturizers like glycerin and glycols. Smudges can be wiped away with a polishing cloth. I would imagine that moisturizers would be tougher on strings.

Usually, when I have my pijamas already on.

I'd probably use something like Vaseline but I'd be sure to wash it off completely

Is it me, or is the organic, almost all-natural comedy in this tread just overwhelming?

rct

I stopped over another forum and they showed a sign that is on the floor of Martin Guitar manufacturing/finsihing building. It lists the allowed products that are safe around the guitars.

Eucirin was one of them and I think I will try that. If Martin says it is OK them I am a go with it. I wonder if Gibson has a list of approved hand creams that are safe around their finishes.

Great topic!

I loved that song/video... well, up to the very end and now I'm going to have nightmares :mellow: .

Anyway, I hate the feeling of lotion on my hands. My wife makes me wipe her down with it all the time and I just can't wait to get it off!

How's that [flapper] .

When I used to work outside in the cold my hands would get very dry. I used to use something called Corn Huskers Lotion. It felt really icky at first but quickly absorbed and worked great.

Now for more related humor: He who goes to bed with sex on mind, wake up with Solution in hand. [lol]

my hands will crack open and bleed in the winter if I don't lotion up after every shower....Mrs.B. bought several 200 gal bottles (only a slight exaggeration) of St.Ives all natural several yrs ago....I keep a bottle at work and here at home.

and i've NEVER put any on my puppets butt !!

Archived