Gibson Brands Forums

Anyone own/play Rocksmith 2014 ?

crust

Hi Guys, I just started Rocksmith 1 thanks to your advice, what is really annoying me is that you have to tune your guitar every twenty seconds can you turn this feature off?

Apart from that I'm loving it :)

I've just started Rocksmith 2014, too, on an xbox 360.

(no audio hdmi. So, no problem)

In fact, I've never played guitar before, and this game is awesome. :)

In order to tune your guitar just once, only play "E standard" songs.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

rs1 requires you to verify proper tune prior to every song. rs2014 only requires 1 tune per tuning note but as yelf points out, you'll be retuning a lot if you choose to learn songs in different tuning notes, which there are quite a few of.

If RS1 really requiring you to tune your guitar every 20 seconds, I would uninstall the program and reinstall because that should not be happening.

rs1 requires you to verify proper tune prior to every song. rs2014 only requires 1 tune per tuning note but as yelf points out, you'll be retuning a lot if you choose to learn songs in different tuning notes, which there are quite a few of.

If RS1 really requiring you to tune your guitar every 20 seconds, I would uninstall the program and reinstall because that should not be happening.

Well every 20 seconds I'm exaggerating...but every tune. So every 5 mins very annoying and you can't switch it off you're saying. Anyway, I love the game and I got it thanks to you guys, thank you all

Well every 20 seconds I'm exaggerating...but every tune. So every 5 mins very annoying and you can't switch it off you're saying. Anyway, I love the game and I got it thanks to you guys, thank you all

The only time I need to tune is when I change lessons or songs but if I am in a lesson or song for a while it only asks once. This is on a Xbox360

i concur. the guitar should only need to be tuned once if you stick with one tuning. 2014 features songs with many different tunings though...it'll tell you what the tuning is for each song when you look at the tune's details page.

Yes, I agree, it is annoying.

Or at least was, I've gotten used to it but I have over 1400 hours playing time on the original rocksmith and have gotten used to it. I have another several hundred hours on rs2014 and still get extremely frustrated over how that tuner works. In fact, I've found myself avoiding songs due to having to very slighty retune for them. The Kinks' "You really got me", for instance, is ever so slightly sharper than an E tune, so the game requires each and every string be retuned just a little, very unnecessary.

Anyhoo, glad you are enjoying it!

[thumbup]

Yes, I agree, it is annoying.

Or at least was, I've gotten used to it but I have over 1400 hours playing time on the original rocksmith and have gotten used to it. I have another several hundred hours on rs2014 and still get extremely frustrated over how that tuner works. In fact, I've found myself avoiding songs due to having to very slighty retune for them. The Kinks' "You really got me", for instance, is ever so slightly sharper than an E tune, so the game requires each and every string be retuned just a little, very unnecessary.

Anyhoo, glad you are enjoying it!

[thumbup]

I am a beginner player and I use Rocksmith quite a bit. Got over 40 DLC songs added and love playing them. It adds a lot of fun to the learning process and is encouraging.

IMHO this new version is way better than the previous for many reason and I forget most as I haven't played the old one since the new came out.

-1 time tuning (unless you change to an alternate tune). The alternate tuning isn't an issue as it's listed below the song before you pick it.

-Library is easy to access and sort. The old version was a pain in the *** to jump around from song to song or repeat songs etc.

-Better Riff repeater. While playing a song you can stop, repeat a section till you get it and carry on as you wish.

-Being able to rip the amp settings out of a Boston tune and use your PC to play a song is awesome. No fuss, no muss.

If you have a PC the easiest way to play Rocksmith has to be via "Steam". Buy 1 copy and play it on any of your PCs, Laptops,...and add DLC when-ever you want to play a new song.....multiple personnas allowed.....and here's the best thing, if your PC packs it in, just log into Steam on your new one and it installs the program and all your DLC painlessly. I hate farkin' with computors so that I like.

HD

I am a beginner player and I use Rocksmith quite a bit. Got over 40 DLC songs added and love playing them. It adds a lot of fun to the learning process and is encouraging.

IMHO this new version is way better than the previous for many reason and I forget most as I haven't played the old one since the new came out.

-1 time tuning (unless you change to an alternate tune). The alternate tuning isn't an issue as it's listed below the song before you pick it.

-Library is easy to access and sort. The old version was a pain in the *** to jump around from song to song or repeat songs etc.

-Better Riff repeater. While playing a song you can stop, repeat a section till you get it and carry on as you wish.

-Being able to rip the amp settings out of a Boston tune and use your PC to play a song is awesome. No fuss, no muss.

If you have a PC the easiest way to play Rocksmith has to be via "Steam". Buy 1 copy and play it on any of your PCs, Laptops,...and add DLC when-ever you want to play a new song.....multiple personnas allowed.....and here's the best thing, if your PC packs it in, just log into Steam on your new one and it installs the program and all your DLC painlessly. I hate farkin' with computors so that I like.

HD

dig itmsp_thumbup.gif

Are you using regular strings, or have you obtained any one (or several) of the "color coded" sets of strings available ? The next time I get to the Attleboro Guitar Center, I'm going so see if they offer those strings there. I believe they do, and that they might make playing somewhat easier. Any comments ? msp_confused.gifmsp_thumbup.gif

Are you using regular strings, or have you obtained any one (or several) of the "color coded" sets of strings available ? The next time I get to the Attleboro Guitar Center, I'm going so see if they offer those strings there. I believe they do, and that they might make playing somewhat easier. Any comments ? msp_confused.gifmsp_thumbup.gif

I'm using regular strings. Sometimes I play in the dark even to force myself not to look. The colored strings look interesting but I'm not sure I could put them on my pretty ES-339 or sexy SGJ. I think if they help you learn, try em out (I think DR makes them as well). You can always take them off if you don't like 'em.

HD

The only thing about the game i actually enjoy is the session mode with the band that plays with you.the actual game has horrible lag for me on xbox360.i also don't like the colored strings or the transparent neck.as a learning tool it has completely failed me.as a game it is far too frustrating to be any fun,and it has made me put my guitar down far more than making me pick it up.i hate it.that being said someone with a different way of playing guitar or reading music may love it but you can't tell me that a game that is supposed to tech you would fail me on easy and then give me an 80% on the same song in advanced setting.it's something i just can't figure out.the game is not for me.i do like the guitarcade though and all in all i really wish i liked it more the concept is so good and it seems like it should be fun.

your running through HDMI aren't you as in your audio and video right? either use rca for video and audio, component for audio and video, or use hdmi video and rca audio. the problem is the audio conversion to digital through the HDMI that causes the lag.

I really like the game. The only thing i disliked is the tuning issue. The first song i tried was " you really got me " and i broke the high e, as i was tuning it before playing the first note on that game.I kinda find a way to avoid tuning my guitar everytime i switch song. I have 4 electric guitar including my daughter pink squier strat. Everyone is setup differently for the song i usually play. Work just perfect. I found a way to play bass even if i don't have a bass. I plug my digitech rp255 pedal and simulate a bass, so the game think i have a real bass. My daughter start to learn bass at school so she practice on the game without the real bass at home.

I've found that you can avoid the tuning issue by restarting the song before it's finished, if I'm not happy with my performance, I hit start on the PS3 controller, this avoids retuning all the time. Another good tip is using a proper tuner, the game one is not very precise and the off tune notes don't register. I couldn't understand on the undead chord game, my Fmaj7 wouldn't register, I re tuned and voilà!

I really like the game. The only thing i disliked is the tuning issue. The first song i tried was " you really got me " and i broke the high e, as i was tuning it before playing the first note on that game.I kinda find a way to avoid tuning my guitar everytime i switch song. I have 4 electric guitar including my daughter pink squier strat. Everyone is setup differently for the song i usually play. Work just perfect. I found a way to play bass even if i don't have a bass. I plug my digitech rp255 pedal and simulate a bass, so the game think i have a real bass. My daughter start to learn bass at school so she practice on the game without the real bass at home.

i am usually in tune anyway however i use one of those clip on headstock tuners so i tune with that and then i don't have to mess with the in game tuner unless i need to drop d in which then i use the d string as a guide and lower e string pitch till it sounds similar without a vibrating effect ( it then registers as in tune in game ( course my clip on tuner also tells me it is in tune LOL

I like it. I used it for 2 days then my pc wouldn't go any farther.

I have already committed to buy a Korean Les Paul. Once it's paid off I'm getting a newer pc or maybe a new one if the price is right.

----------------------------------------------------------

Well, I did get the Korean L.P. and yes, my pc is not up to the job of running Rocksmith. I'll be looking for a replacement soon but I wanna replace the tuners on the L.P. I have a unusual hate for plastic tuning keys. My 339 had plastic keys when I got it so I put Imperial tuners on it. But I don't like the way they look on the back of the headstock, so they will soon be history too.

I really need a money tree for all the things I wanna buy.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Sorry, I know this is an old topic, but I have a question for people that have played this "game" / teaching tool! I will be going away for the weekend and I was wondering if there was someway to practice (tabs / video / sheet music) some of the harder guitar lessons from Rocksmith 2014 Remastered when I am away from the PC?

Thanks a lot!

Archived