Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
simple pleasures

faulty paintwork

hi there,

this is one for the service guys...

i have an early scs4 and a very new one... but i have a cosmetic problem the paint on newest machine on the headphone cue buttons and on the enter buttons is shedding.

i've only used it for a few hours are these buttons easily replaceable?

cheers

darryl

o.k. i've sent several messages and got nothing back and the paint has now completely just flaked off half the buttons.... come on guys.

Come on what? Gibson support is terrible for guitars so I would assume it is the same for electronics. For guitars, you need to rely on your local dealer but for electronics, who knows. Good luck!

customer service is rubbish at the moment.

this is a production issue the paint has shed from the buttons and i've been told to contact the u.k. dist.

who has not replied either.

basically i want to know whether i can make the unit look like it was supposed to or not.

can i replace the buttons or not.

if not i'll just bin the unit and buy something of better quality.

I've often found with things like this that either a tweet or a facebook post regarding the issue (and including a photo) can help you get a faster reply. Most companies don't like complaints being public [-(

Hello,

Sorry we didn't know you were in the UK. I will make a note to include that international customers need to deal with distributors in their country.

Well I understand the underground way of tweeting and facebook but that goes to people that are just social media geeks and it goes back to customer service anyways and is an unproductive loop. If it is Customer Service UK you must deal with them that's it. Please call or email them your issue.

Our friends at Focusrite handle our support issues in the UK

United Kingdom

Focusrite Audio Engineering Ltd.

Windsor House, Turnpike Road, Cressex Business Park, High Wycombe, Bucks, HP12 3FX

Phone: 44 (0)1494 462 246

Fax: +44 (0)1494 459920

sales@focusrite.com

http://www.focusrite.com