Gibson Brands Forums

Anyone own a HB & AJ

jw3571

To have 2 high-end acoustic guitars is a healthy thing.

Nothing more inspiring than picking A after a period with B and back.

Said it before : If you really want to know your #1 then play #2 - you know what I mean.

A Gibson and a Mart is thrilling - a Bird and an AJ for obvoius reasons is also a very sound choice.

Enjoy

Ah man cool! Friend of mine has 1 also possible trade coming on.

Btw

Nothing wrong with and AJ and a hummingbird. It's all on what you want. Here's my opinion a hummingbird is a singers guitar and an AJ is a players guitar. The bird is a great player too no doubt. But that's where it shines. Just my opinion take it with a grain of salt

What a delightful discovery. I love coming home on a Friday night, kinda well lit, and discovering a thread such as this one! A rationalization a day keeps the doctor away,or some such. In that they are both guitars, it IS a redundancy, to own a second. In that they are two different STYLES of guitars makes them NOT a redundancy.....especially for those of the guitar persuasion you find here. I am of the opinion that they are NOT a redundancy because I too believe that they are different. For me to claim otherwise, owning five redundancies, would be laughable. But I love the twists of reasoning found in the answers to the question from each respondant, and in my own self's avoiding the question of redundancy as much as possible (when it comes to my own guitars).

I would describe the average HB as a great strumming guitar for bed tracks and to sing with, as in the case of the '77 I had for a time, and the AJ (have owned original and recent models) is a powerful guitar well suited to playing leads and brittle, muted strumming. An AJ barks the front end of the note and a HB's tone is much smoother.

I think they are apples and oranges with room in the fruit bowl for both. I would encourage you to try a Blues King or Keb Mo model, too, as they offer a different tonality and complexion to your music.

You never have too many guitars. You can only have too little time to play.

Late to the party but I have both an HB TV and an AJ and like others have said, they are two completely different guitars. An AJ can compete with the best Martin dreds while the HB is much more restrained. Would not be redundant at all to own both. Go for it.... [thumbup]

Archived