Gibson Brands Forums

Lets try a new song this week - Never Going Back Again

MorrisrownSal

Hey all...

Anyone want to share their stab at this Fleetwood Mac tune? I just tried it. This is one take recorded on my iPad and Garageband with an Apogee USB Mic. I don't have Buckingham's chops, so the version I did was dumbed down a bit. I also played with a thumb pick and two metal fingerpicks, and fingerpicked it. You can tell my alternating thumb still is not perfectly clean, nor is my fingerpicking :)

Anyhow, here is my version: https://soundcloud.com/sal-from-chatham/never-going-back-again

Hope you like it, and I look forward to hearing your takes. EU I can see your group playing it and doing it a bit faster than I did, with some nice brushes on a cajon for percussion.

I think your choices are good ones Sal.But it takes a bit of doing to get something together between other projects and general stuff.I've been trying to get a couple of things written for my Xmas CD which I give to a friends and family...makes a fine beer coaster.

Even if this concept morphs into Song of The Fortnight or Song of the Indeterminate Time Period.It's still a nice idea.

I was visiting my daughter yesterday and she had that Billy Bragg Wilco album on.Some suitable choices on that for the likes of us plonkers.

Not sure if I'll get onto this one, but I look forward to hearing others.

Cheers

I think your choices are good ones Sal.But it takes a bit of doing to get something together between other projects and general stuff.I've been trying to get a couple of things written for my Xmas CD which I give to a friends and family...makes a fine beer coaster.

Even if this concept morphs into Song of The Fortnight or Song of the Indeterminate Time Period.It's still a nice idea.

I was visiting my daughter yesterday and she had that Billy Bragg Wilco album on.Some suitable choices on that for the likes of us plonkers.

Not sure if I'll get onto this one, but I look forward to hearing others.

Cheers

I love Wilco - and have only got turned on to them and Jeff Tweedy in the past year.

Sal--Don't despair!

Song-sharing is still my favorite thing about visiting here, but I have hit a couple of challenges that have pulled me away. (Lost my mom a couple of weeks ago, was on vacation before that, and now I am having some vocal problems that I'll have to look into--nodes, maybe?)

Anyway, if I can get my act together, I'll see if this one comes back to me (I did used to play it in some fashion, decades ago).

Either way, I'm pulling for others to chime in, too--your version is very nice, indeed. Thanks for keeping the fire lit.

[thumbup]

Anne

agree on that call. California stars, walt whitman's niece and ingrid bergman are all songs I'm working through. i'm new to the singing aspect of this having just been a strummer only for years on account of a terrible voice. getting older and wanting to mix in some singing and it's not as easy as i thought it would be. the FM song above is a cool one but way beyond my current skillset.

i used to be able to play a fair amount of big love but i won't be attempting to add in singing on that one either...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZZp76M4NGc

Sal--Don't despair!

Song-sharing is still my favorite thing about visiting here, but I have hit a couple of challenges that have pulled me away. (Lost my mom a couple of weeks ago, was on vacation before that, and now I am having some vocal problems that I'll have to look into--nodes, maybe?)

Anyway, if I can get my act together, I'll see if this one comes back to me (I did used to play it in some fashion, decades ago).

Either way, I'm pulling for others to chime in, too--your version is very nice, indeed. Thanks for keeping the fire lit.

[thumbup]

Anne

Aww Anne. I am sorry. Cyber hug.

Archived