Gibson Brands Forums

Added 2 more Epi's to my stable!

Eric Koegh Penrod

Scored the G1275 Double Neck (unsung 09\08) off of CL a cpl months ago for $500.00 ! in perfect shape.... and just picked up a Zephyr Blues Deluxe (peerless 03/03) off ebay for ...well I paid a little more than market value I think but I wanted it.. $810.00

The ZBD was advertised as "great cond" minimal play wear but after I received it the other day In the first few moments of playing it I felt a rough spot on the neck along 1 and 2 frets , I take a close look to find that the fret board was separating from the neck. No marks on the head stock from getting hit and no sign of cracks anywhere else. I was pretty dissapointed although the guitar plays great up and down the neck. So before contacting the seller I took it to a well known luthier in town and had him evaluate it. He said the neck was made very well and actually absorbed a blow to the front of the head stock causing it to flex enough to make the fret board lift. He is gonna repair it for $75.00 of I thought was reasonable.

I contacted the seller and explained what I had found and I did not want to give him a bad feedback if he was willing to spring for the repair. He replied quickly and said he didn't notice the fret board lifting but would credit back my paypal for the repair.

So all is good.... I think he knew about it but wanted to see if anyone would call him out on it.

Anyhow I am diggin the Hell out of both of these guitars and of course I will be modding both as I cant leave anything alone!

11273775475_f83d7f95c7_b.jpg

IMG_1498

11273834744_24b99747a2_c.jpg

IMG_1743

11273835434_a3f0b97a2a_c.jpg

IMG_1742

11273814986_917e297780_c.jpg

IMG_1741

The two headstocks you see are a cpl of necks for a bolt on neck flying v project I picked up a while ago. The neck that came with it was all jacked up so I grabbed another new one off ebay to go on it... It is going to be a Flying V with 3 p90's.

I have become a p90 addict lately....

hope you didn't mind me skimming over your pic's. Some fine looking motorbikes..

Is that your shop ? Also cool Dot Studio, looks great with the trem .

Ah I wish it were my shop, the shop is "Counts Kustoms" you may recognize the name from the show "Counting Cars" on History channel. I worked there for a little over a year for my friend who runs the Bike shop there.

Nice score on the ZBD. I remember seeing that one come up (I see them all, actually), as they don't come up often. I got mine last year and love it. Enjoy yours. Here's mine, with a few minor mods.

25978e31-fff9-455b-a16c-9a3669badaf2_zps134b358c.jpg

Yea T2 I was checkin out some of your posts about your ZBD.

I bet it sounds pretty sweet! Boy, Howdy!

Are all 4 stock pots 500k in the ZBD? For now.

You changed out the pups as well right? Middle only is stock. Neck and bridge are custom wound just a little hotter, A2/A5 magnets at the neck and A6 at the bridge. Is the stock nut plastic? No, all of my guitars have phenolic nuts (that sounds kinda dirty, huh?)

Of all of the improvements, I think that the Vari-Tone made the biggest impact. Totally reversible. Getting used to the individual volumes takes some time, but you get to find some interesting combinations.

My plan so far for the ZBD is an .015 pio cap for the tone pot,replace 3 vol pots with push-pull pots so I can shut each one off completely taking it out of the circuit, treble bleed mods,Bigsby B6 and a nickle rocker or tom bridge,Nickle tuners, bone-n-brass nut,Lollar pups for neck and bridge...Thomastik flatwounds...... \:D/

• 2 weeks later...

The seller refunded me $75.00 so I dropped the ZBD off yesterday at the Luthier and when it comes back I will get to do my mods!

Got the nickle Bigsby B6 with a fixed "Travis" arm, aluminum bigsby rocker bridge, nickle Grover 135N Vintage Tuners,Lollar neck & bridge pups, 3 push pull vol pots and an .015 pio tone cap.. decided not to do the treble bleeds... picked up a set of D'Addario chrome flatwound 12 to 52's.

Kinda anxious to see how it turns out! [woot]

The seller refunded me $75.00 so I dropped the ZBD off yesterday at the Luthier and when it comes back I will get to do my mods!

Got the nickle Bigsby B6 with a fixed "Travis" arm, aluminum bigsby rocker bridge, nickle Grover 135N Vintage Tuners,Lollar neck & bridge pups, 3 push pull vol pots and an .015 pio tone cap.. decided not to do the treble bleeds... picked up a set of D'Addario chrome flatwound 12 to 52's.

Kinda anxious to see how it turns out! [woot]

i love it!

• 4 weeks later...

I saw that one too. Never seen a chop with the rake that close before. Here's mine, a 2005 Custom built in New Hampshire:ACustomHarleyDavidsonwhichhappenstobelongtome_zps09f6fc56.jpg

That's not me kneeling, but my upstairs neighbor. That was the day I unloaded it. Still can't believe I found my dream bike on Craigslist of all places. My mechanic says the tranny's worth what I paid for the whole bike...

Sweet [thumbup] Looks fast and comfy.. My pan chop is pretty crazy, it is a "De Rake" chop.... I could leave it running and walk away without fear of someone hopping on it and riding off! no frt brake,jockey shift - foot clutch....

I just picked up a 93 Heritage all stock cuz my wife would not ride on the chop [blink]

6330454807_c33328d3d5_z.jpg

Archived