Gibson Brands Forums

agf new low

blindboygrunt

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I just heard that Stefan Grossman guitar Workshop will be offering a lesson dvd on how to control the acoustic guitar on your lap, with a special bonus section on playing standing up!

BluesKing777.

(I had a lot of trouble keeping my National Tricone from falling off my leg - True! Put 2 strips of Velcro stuff on the area and VOILA! Non Slip....True!)

I bet Amy Ottersprite has one and takes it with her to all the festivals.

Ha!

I wonder if it could go a bit further with the folding - you know, fold the neck in half and the body into four and make it really portable instead of making you look like a drummer with a cymbal case, who they may not even allow on the plane/train/probably bus?

BluesKing777.

OK, they've forced my hand…. Time to fess up…. The leg-shaving fella was me. I laughed and laughed yesterday as two forums got all talkative about shaved legs, hairy backs and whatnot with only the most minimal of direction. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Got banned for 'obscene name' this morning, oh well, good while it lasted. :D

It's French Bulldogs... (or French Bulldog, singular, since my wee one died last week odd) they like a higher calibre of chew, mate.

Sorry to hear it. Was sick for a while was it not ?

Mine has no calibre when it comes to chews. Skirting boards , architraves , anything but the chews that are bought for him

Sorry to hear it. Was sick for a while was it not ?

Mine has no calibre when it comes to chews. Skirting boards , architraves , anything but the chews that are bought for him

She'd had surgery about 13 months ago, she had a ruptured disc which caused a paralysis... 3K in surgery later it saved her and we got her back, I had to teach her how to walk again etc..... We even watched full seasons of the 6-million dollar man as part of the therapy. Anyway, they said she had another dodgy disc and it would probably happen again, but more surgery was out the question, too heavy going etc.... anyway, without incident or accident the back went again and in a 4 hour period she went from walking about and strolling through for dinner to not being able to move, so a Sunday night emergency vet later she died in my arms.

part of the grieving process seems to be pretending to be extremely short men with baldy legs who play guitar on the sofa near naked and talk about it without any reference to how inappropriate that may be on forums where a bunch of "back slapping do-gooders" take themselves overly seriously for my own amusement. :D

Sorry to hear about the loss of your little pal Parlour! Our pups are really hard things to lose. Glad you did what you did for her, but at a certain point you do have to know when it's not good for the pup anymore.

Aster

Cheers mate, without turning this into a 'mojo for my dead dog' thread, we did everything we could, we got 13 months odd longer out of her than many would have, I had to try to save her last time, it worked for a while, this time she was done, but she was spared the pain stage as soon as we seen the mobility was gone and the paralysis was starting she was whisked down to spare her any suffering. I was gutted but it was the right thing to do. I was there at the start and I held her till the end. Not much else you can do…

Anyway…. What's on the block to entertain me now that I'm ousted from the AGF for providing light relief in a myriad of fury-polishing threads?

I do take umbrage to the wording though, there was no "trying" involved.... I did re-register, I did manage to get loads of people to confess to being self conscious about their height and of course the whole leg-shaving, near-nude couch guitaring stuff.... and I caused uproar doing it. It was great! I laughed and laughed yesterday, a proper tonic.

Little do they know I've already registered another twice as well... I might even start an argument with myself. If they don't want to be reasonable, why should I? I'll be sure to post a link to my next thread. I have an idea... could be a good'un...

Archived