Gibson Brands Forums

agf new low

blindboygrunt

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I might even start an argument with myself.

Please do that. Some ideas: involve the Tonerite at some point, how a $200 guitar sounds better than an Olson even when not using Bluechips and how knowing any theory/reading music is always counter productive to development. Or just ask if anyone knows any good songs to lead Satan worship this Friday night. \:D/

Please do that. Some ideas: involve the Tonerite at some point, how a $200 guitar sounds better than an Olson even when not using Bluechips and how knowing any theory/reading music is always counter productive to development. Or just ask if anyone knows any good songs to lead Satan worship this Friday night. \:D/

How do you know I'm not already? :D I have two other accounts there I've had a while with IPs that wouldn't easily link to me or my barred accounts. And I opened a third one in the last few days too. The name considerably more 'obscene' than the one I got barred for. ...like I have said to a couple of past bosses. "we needn't agree but you can't stop me" Haw haw....

AGF banned members seem to be welcome here so I thought I'd join by posting in this thread (and I love Gibson acoustics).

I was banned for suggesting that American stores promote a member of staff to sniper during Black Friday weekend sales #-o. It was obviously a joke, but I got a message saying that I was encouraging snipers. I thought I was a fairly rule abiding member so was a little shocked with the ousting. Anyway... nice to be a member here.

AGF banned members seem to be welcome here so I thought I'd join by posting in this thread (and I love Gibson acoustics).

I was banned for suggesting that American stores promote a member of staff to sniper during Black Friday weekend sales #-o. It was obviously a joke, but I got a message saying that I was encouraging snipers. I thought I was a fairly rule abiding member so was a little shocked with the ousting. Anyway... nice to be a member here.

They've had those here in northern Ireland for years

I was banned from the UMGF not once but twice. My sin was offering moderators a bit of criticism for their own bad behaviour. The AGF seems to be heading down the same road. It is getting so uptight now that I am reluctant to post lest I be banned. A couple of my posts were recently censured (disappeared) for no good reason, yet I read others that are less helpful and derogatory that go unmolested. There seems to be no fair criteria that is equally applied to folks on the AGF.

This site seems to be free of moderation and I've never witnessed much bad behavior here. Admittedly I haven't been active here as much, but I do read the posts about once or twice a week. Can anyone explain why Gibson fans don't need the "nice police"?

I've seen the occasional spot of mod activity here, I was even subject to it myself for pointing out that strong opinions on faith were probably best saved for faith based forums and that you wouldn't go to a church to ask what strings a guy used or how many times a week he polished his axe fnar fnar... But by and large the community here is fairly self policing and quite trouble free.

A few souls poke their heads out now and again, but it's nothing a friendly bit of humiliation can't control. The AGF takes itself awfully seriously.

Obviously someone is really going to go out and buy a sniper gun just because they read about it on the AGF. :-s

Yeah it seems to be taking itself pretty serious. Almost like it's the gospel [wink].

The mods even write their average post like they are spreading their divine message from a holy text. A bit like Jerry Springer used to do at the end of his show. :lol:

The mods even write their average post like they are spreading their divine message from a holy text. A bit like Jerry Springer used to do at the end of his show. :lol:

Yes, one or two do seem to like the sound of themselves. However, I've still got active accounts there despite the barring. ;) must try harder....

Yes, one or two do seem to like the sound of themselves. However, I've still got active accounts there despite the barring. ;) must try harder....

I was banned from the UMGF not once but twice. My sin was offering moderators a bit of criticism for their own bad behaviour. The AGF seems to be heading down the same road. It is getting so uptight now that I am reluctant to post lest I be banned. A couple of my posts were recently censured (disappeared) for no good reason, yet I read others that are less helpful and derogatory that go unmolested. There seems to be no fair criteria that is equally applied to folks on the AGF.

I've got you beat. I'm in the first week of my third umgf'er ban. This time for 60 days(political and personal attack).

Archived