Gibson Brands Forums

Rammstein

moparguy

I first heard of them about 4 years ago and didn't care to much for the songs I heard. I heard this song a few weeks ago and I like it. There isn't much to it and the lyrics are just repeated and its in German, but there is something about the guitar in this one that gets my blood going. I just want to head bang when I listen to it, its not complicated but they got the right beat to it. The keyboard player really trips me out for some reason.

Guest Farnsbarns

Strangely, I learned this song years ago, they used to play it a lot in the local rockers pub so the riff got in my head and then, one day, it came out while playing so I put the song on and learned it properly.

Yeah, they used to run the video on MTV II at the time, along with some concert footage of them doing that song. MAN that was some crowd. Rammstein was a lot younger too, MAN they could sweat. Scared me! Good stuff if you are into that sort of thing.

rct

• 2 weeks later...

I am a huge Rammstein fan. The lyrics to Du Hast are a bastardisation of the German marriage vows according to Til.

http://herzeleid.com/en/lyrics/sehnsucht#du_hast

Sounds epic in what is now my wifes car with a decent audio system. Loud and proud, just like it should be.

Your link describes definitely correct both lyrics and the sophisticated ambiguities inherent in pronunciation. For the reader, case sensitivity and punctuation would make the meaning clear. If the lines were properly spoken, they would be unambiguous, too, but become blurred when sung.

I am not a Rammstein fan but better should have been one probably before my marriage to my ex-wife... :unsure:

Yup. Neue Deutsche Härte not normally my cup of tea but I really liked that. Then again...maybe it is? I don't really know much about it.......:-k

I also very much like the ambiguity in the lyrics explained in the link in nick_s' post.

Thanks for posting.......[thumbup].......my life has been enriched today!

P.

Been a fan of theirs for a while - not so much of their industrial stage shtick, but their sound. Something about German just makes the lyrics sound so heavy. He could be singing about flowers and rainbows and it would still sound bada$$!

Been a fan of theirs for a while - not so much of their industrial stage shtick, but their sound. Something about German just makes the lyrics sound so heavy. He could be singing about flowers and rainbows and it would still sound bada$$!

That is some funny sh*t my friend [biggrin]

Archived