Gibson Brands Forums

My New Sunburst Modded Broadway

geoffsct

Yesterday I bought this Broadway from GC's used store. It's being shipped from NY to Colorado so I haven't seen it in person yet. What looks like vertical scratches is just the paper it was printed on. I'm hoping that the other marks are all reflections. The staff at the NY store didn't seem to know much about it & couldn't tell what pickups those are. Being sunburst I'm wondering what year it is too. Peerless? I don't mind the pickguard gone because I was considering removal of one anyway. White wouldn't have been my choice for pickups & they'll be gone unless they turn out to be very fine. I was actually looking at several blondies when this just jumped out & called my name. Anyone know what pickups those are & what year it might be? If it doesn't show up this week I won't see it for a while cause I have to leave town for a month or so. I thought it was a pretty good buy @ $400 no case. I always wanted an L-5 type guitar so I'm pretty stoked.

Based on the shape of the f-holes, I'd be REALLY surprised if it's not a Peerless. I'd also guess late 90's, possibly 2000 or 2001. The Peerless sunbursts I've seen had more red in them, so it may be a later model when they went to a 2-tone sunburst to save $$.

No idea about the pickups, though.

Thanks for the replies. Sure hope it gets here this week. I didn't know you could put covers on those pickups. Gold would be nice since all the other hardware is. Where would I look for pickup covers? Edit: I see now. Googled them. They sell them with the six screw hole across them but that probably wouldn't be right for this type pickup would it?

Thanks for the replies. Sure hope it gets here this week. I didn't know you could put covers on those pickups. Gold would be nice since all the other hardware is. Where would I look for pickup covers? Edit: I see now. Googled them. They sell them with the six screw hole across them but that probably wouldn't be right for this type pickup would it?

Yes the holes are for the 6 adjustable pole pieces to protrude thru. If they are Seymore Duncan pups you can buy covers from them.

Archived