Gibson Brands Forums

MV's Gibson Firebird Demo

JuanCarlosVejar

I don't know if I love my Firebird, but I admire it like a mountain.

Have played it a lot since a very lucky deal came my way last fall and predict we'll go a long way.

It's a different maple flier than the Dove – though close to each other in specs by first sight, something inside that box is different.

The Dove is definitely clean mapley, the F-bird one step towards rosewood. Another owner of these here - might have been veggieryan - found his a bit martinish, I don't know.

What I know is that this is the true majesty of my herd – and it gives me pleasure as such. Not sure all new strings are the answer, they will simply sound too overwhelming, but after a while when they fade to normal – Whow, , , and unlike the maple D, it keeps those bass-notes blooming.

6 out of 6 stars from this camp ✮✮✮✮✮✮ or should we say pins ¡¡¡¡¡¡

or bonfires ♨♨ ♨ ♨ ♨ ♨

This is what I call temptation...

I watched several times this video yesterday when Tony posted it.

(you can see that the first comment in youtube is mine)

The fact is that I already have a maple Gibson and this is my SJ200...

And + that I have 11 guitars ... Have to sell some

To buy this:

Firebird

Are they not just hummingbirds in different clothes ? :-s

I have never heard a Hummingbird with that much power, punch, and projection. Same shape yes. Same sound absolutely not.

A closer comparison might be a Dove since they are both maple but I can't recall a Dove having that much presence either. Im sure the quilted maple warms up the tone quite a bit over the flamed maple Doves.

reminds me a lot of a mis 2000's Gibson J-60 Bone Crusher that was made of walnut and adirondack if I remember correctly. The J-60's tone was a little warmer and woodier. But that power is defintely similar.

This is what I call temptation...

I watched several times this video yesterday when Tony posted it.

(you can see that the first comment in youtube is mine)

The fact is that I already have a maple Gibson and this is my SJ200...

And + that I have 11 guitars ... Have to sell some

To buy this:

Firebird

hay Karsi ,

Don't sell any guitars,11 is just a start!.....remember this my friend...........

DSCN1765.jpg

[crying]

I have never heard a Hummingbird with that much power, punch, and projection. Same shape yes. Same sound absolutely not.

A closer comparison might be a Dove since they are both maple but I can't recall a Dove having that much presence either. Im sure the quilted maple warms up the tone quite a bit over the flamed maple Doves.

reminds me a lot of a mis 2000's Gibson J-60 Bone Crusher that was made of walnut and adirondack if I remember correctly. The J-60's tone was a little warmer and woodier. But that power is defintely similar.

J60 walnut is a much better guitar than the firebird IMO.

I've had both. Here's my firebird with a mc hummingbird.

The firebird killed it. The sustain on the firebird was amazing. 311b09cd.jpg

Here was my J60 and I'm still trying to get it back

186207BE-E5C8-4AFC-9DAE-B5652B28E130-189-0000002524726E1A.jpg

0E76D534-5430-4940-AE33-BBDD7995D25F-189-000000253774297C.jpg

1BCE3EC9-6BDE-4F57-B54E-FB7AFCCD3A4E-189-000000271AAB45E9.jpg

BBG - don't mistake the F for an H regarding these squares. Totally different, among other things in scale-length.

But, , , , , the relatively new maple Hummingbird actually seems to be closer to the F-bird than the Dove - from 'PolyCastros' demo anyway.

EA - no, nothing like the AJ really. Perhaps in volume and power, but the F-bird is much more delicate.

With strings faded below normal, it can even appear a bit 'tame', , , isn't the word.

But imagine a big ol' limo sailing though the hot'n'fast zone of town. . .

Archived