Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BluesKing777

Any New Guitars Arriving For Xmas?

I see mention of a new purchase from Em7 and I was wondering who else if giving themselves a Xmas treat guitar?

I gave myself an early prezzie the other week when I spied at a local music store (and immediately bought)my mid 30s National Trojan. I always wanted one of these. It sounds incredible, but needs a few jobs done by the guitar tech, but I haven't wanted to part with it just yet and also don't want to be the straw that breaks the camels back at his very, very busy workshop at this time of year - all he needs is me and my ole National to walk in just now. I will try and be patient and play it for a few weeks into the New Year before taking it there.:

Trojan2b_zpsda010b8a.jpg

BluesKing777.

No guitars but Ms. JDD asked for a mic & stand & cord for Christmas so she could mic her dulcimer

Talk about a beauty .... koa back/sides/top and ebony fret board ... mop fancy markers .... flat head with gold tuners .... her anniversary present .... cost more than the used J35 that Modoc hooked me up with ... but then Ms. JDD is a beauty too. Best sounding dulcimer I've ever heard. It's the AJ of dulcimers .... loud and proud.

Good news is that I had to score a new Fishman acoustic amp to complement the miced dulcimer (and the J35). 'Tis the season and life is good!

Not for me. But my teenage daughter has been very good working hard at school; so a Hummingbird it is for her. I'm sure she will let me play it occasionally. [biggrin] Of course I have secretly been making sure it is played in for her over the last couple of months.

Does work starting after xmas on my custom Ken Miller slope dread count? [tongue]

Here's the spec:

Left handed slope Dreadnought

Top: Fine grain Adirondack

B/S: Dark, plain mahogany

Binding & trim: Green marquetry with rosewood

Peghead overlay & bridge: Dark Brazilian Rosewood

Rosette: Green Paua abalone

Frets: 14x large .090

Scale: Short (635 mm)

Nut width: 1 ¾ inch

Inlay: dots on fingerboard, Pisces "H" fish symbol on solid peghead

Tuners: Nickel plated Waverley’s

Pickguard: Black

Bridgepins: Bone

Strings: Elixer PB lights

http://www.kenmillerguitars.com/

Yes, very probably but not an acoustic.

Ha!

I was just watching a music contest (bands) and it occurred to me to ditch the acoustic and get an SG with P90s and peel some ears!

The contestants looked like they were having a real lot of fun rocking out.

BluesKing777.

Guest J-Doug

Bought my J-45 Christmas Eve last year so there's no way in hell I'm getting anything this year (unless I want to sleep in the dog house and it's -21C outside). I am getting a ragtime instructional DVD though.

Nice oňe BK.

Not planning any myself but in two days im geting on a plane for 3 weeks in Adelaide.

And a visit to Twang central is on the cards .... Excitingly dangerous.

Nice oňe BK.

Not planning any myself but in two days im geting on a plane for 3 weeks in Adelaide.

I couldn't imagine anything worse than going to Scotland for a 3 weeks… dunno how you do it mate… home is a buzz for 2-3 days and then you're thinking how the Castlemaine-XXXX do I get out of here….

None for me - I have my SJTV and my Martin D15. Oh - and a cheap Yamaha at work.

But does it count if I bought my son in college one? He already has an Epiphone EJ200CE, which he plays out with. He told me he is starting to get more into Jack Johnson Jason Mraz-y crossover stuff (he plays in a trio), so I bought him a Yamaha NTX700 nylon sting acoustic electric. I think he will be pumped!

Nice oňe BK.

HA!

It is official that the world as we know it is ending any minute now....last week it was RAINING in Adelaide (for the cricket).

Better pack a raincoat then, EA!

And stay out of that Twang place - remember what happened to you last time.

BluesKing777.

HA!

It is official that the world as we know it is ending any minute now....last week it was RAINING in Adelaide (for the cricket).

Better pack a raincoat then, EA!

And stay out of that Twang place - remember what happened to you last time.

BluesKing777.

Mate, the forecast is 31 on Monday moving to 40c by Thursday .... lordy.

Oh and yes, the credit card is staying at home ... Im a bit worried about poppiing my head in there to be honest... [unsure]