Gibson Brands Forums

Some New Recordings

swampash

I was able to put together a band over the last few months. We've been practicing on and off due to the availability of all members as we all have full time jobs and kids, the usual challenges when a bunch of forty somethings form a band. We're called Eastern Revival.

I got the DropVox app on my iPhone to see if I could record how we sound in practice. Bear in mind that it is recorded via an iPhone microphoneso quality isn'y great.

Tracy Chapman - Give Me a Reason:

The Who - Behind Blue Eyes:

Eastern Revival - There Is No Love (Original Song):

Tom Petty - Mary Jane's Last Dance:

There Is No Love is an original song we've just written. We were missing our keyboard player for these sessions. I just had a set of Seymour Duncan Broadcaster pickups dropped into my tele and they are all over these songs.

Please let me know your thoughts/feedback.

The songs sound good, but yeah, that Iphone condenser mic gives it a kind of muffled sound. [thumbup]

BTW, do you do the vocals on "Mary Jane's..."? I sing that one in our band. I can actually do a pretty decent Tom Petty, but always have trouble with that chorus. Just wondering if you found the same issue?

Only listened to 'Behind Blue Eyes' so far...

Worth recording a better mix IMO

Again IMO the arpeggios sound a bit 'busy', try leaving out some notes and use connecting bass notes

Similarly the drummer can focus more on strong accents a la Moon...

It's a great song...I've heard teenagers with an acoustic doing great versions... [thumbup]

V

:-({|=

The songs sound good, but yeah, that Iphone condenser mic gives it a kind of muffled sound. [thumbup]

BTW, do you do the vocals on "Mary Jane's..."? I sing that one in our band. I can actually do a pretty decent Tom Petty, but always have trouble with that chorus. Just wondering if you found the same issue?

When we first started playing it the chorus sucked and we had to really work on the harmonies. Then we added our new keyboard player who really hits the high notes and we were able to nail it. Unfortunately he wasn't there for this recording.

Archived