Gibson Brands Forums

Robert Plants guitarrist plays a J 35

JuanCarlosVejar

Did he call the guitar a J-55.

And is a J-35 smaller than a J-45?

I wonder if he has issues with guitars staying in tune as he seems a bit obsessed with this guitars ability to hold its tune.

I think his accent is what made it sound like he said J-55 instead of J-35. And, it would be a new one on me if the 35 is smaller than the 45.... [confused]

A nice sounding guitar. Classic Gibson sound.

I hate when guitarists have names like "Skin", "The Edge", "Bonehead", "Buckethead", "Noodles" etc. Kinda naff. Great player though.

I'm with you dude… except I am one of the guys, I'm called "the c-word", but it wasn't elective… honest….

Did he call the guitar a J-55.

And is a J-35 smaller than a J-45?

I wonder if he has issues with guitars staying in tune as he seems a bit obsessed with this guitars ability to hold its tune.

He did seem to be on some other planet with his guitar specs......

BluesKing777.

Watched it again with a less busy mind, in a former life he used to sell Garden Sheds. He's the 'friend of a friend ye just don't get'. I like him…..

I bet the customers were happy when they got the wrong size shed - maybe there was no choice but guitar playing after a few wrong measurements.

BluesKing777.

Does it hold it's tune well ? [rolleyes]

Strangest guitar review I've scene in a while.

On a personal note the first J-35 I played was absolutely fabulous. It was all I could do to walk

out of the store without pulling out the "Drastic Plastic" .

I like em , but haven't played another that has truly blown me away.(Probably tried 6-7 more since)

They definitely are not J-45 sounding to my ear. Good but different.

Archived