Gibson Brands Forums

More Pics from the Back Fence...

BluesKing777

Inspired by Zombi's 'Burst' thread, I grabbed a few guitars and the iPhone for some pics outside.

The hound dog watched me from the window, but would not come out there with me.

When I was finished, and loading the pics on to the computer, I looked out to see hound dog checking the spot where the pics are located!

'35 L50

L50-01a_zps0844593b.jpg

'59 LG3

LG3-01c_zps5cea495f.jpg

'58 LG0

LG0-01b_zps99a49268.jpg

'52 LG1

LG1-01a_zpsb3a06ec5.jpg

'64 B25-12N

B25-12N-01c_zps60caba97.jpg

B25-12N-01b_zps2b9d12f1.jpg

and I forgot to 'export' the hound dog pic - will go do that now...

BluesKing777.

I couldn't believe the faithful one would not come out there with me while taking the photos, but there he was in a flash after I had finished.....

Well, blow up of hound photo shows him cocking his leg and I hope I haven't put my guitars down in his fave spot for that!

HoundDog02_zps730d2712.jpg

BluesKing777.

Nice, Nice, Nice!

Hey BK - when did you get the B45-12? You have what many consider to be the Holy Grail of B45-12s being a pre-65 fixed bridge version.

Mine is an early '63 which still retains the trapeze tailpiece. Odd thing is it also has a seven ply top binding and 5 ply back binding as well as a white label like you found on the early 60s classical guitar covering where the model name would have been stamped. I always wondered if it being a very early square shoulder B45-12 if the body was a repurposed C& W or something.

Nice, Nice, Nice!

Hey BK - when did you get the B45-12? You have what many consider to be the Holy Grail of B45-12s being a pre-65 fixed bridge version.

Mine is an early '63 which still retains the trapeze tailpiece. Odd thing is it also has a seven ply top binding and 5 ply back binding as well as a white label like you found on the early 60s classical guitar covering where the model name would have been stamped. I always wondered if it being a very early square shoulder B45-12 if the body was a repurposed C& W or something.

Thanks Zombi, but it is a B25-12.....

BluesKing777.

Price wise, bearing in mind that I am due south of Melbourne, Australia (called by some the most liveable city in the World, and called by others the A'Hole of the country if you look at a map for the general shape...), so we need to include in the prices I paid such things and stings as delivery, tax, customs, quarantine fees from importing an oversized object in a box from Yo to Go, the most humble from my pics above cost the same to get here as the most expensive...

BUT....

The LG3 on it's own cost as much all up as the LG1, LG0 and B25-12N together.

I have kept a steady eye on guitars for sale locally over the years and I have never, ever seen guitars like the ones pictured above for sale here, at least not went I had cash in my hot little hands. So, these items may not be much in the States, but they are Gold for blues fingerpickers in this neck of the woods (pun intended).

It is all a learning experience. Just when I thought L-00s were way out of reach, a wobbly one comes up locally...caught it!

Then I went to a local shop for a look see and there is my 30s National calling me!

BluesKing777.

Well, I took a couple more pics by the 'Stump'....

In case anyone was wondering about the stump, it was a Black Wattle tree that grew on its own from bird poop, but the garden contractor had put down weed mat when laying out the garden beds for me 15 years or so ago, to give the new plants a fighting chance against the voracious local weeds. So the roots of the tree grew on top of the mat across the ground, and there is absolutely NO TRUTH in the rumour that I trained the roots to head straight for the next door's pool.....

All the relatives and outlaws have said: "I'd get rid of that wattle - it will overtake everything and then blow down in the middle of the night and wreck everything!"

Well not so, the borers got it first and it died slowly from the top down and I had to get a guy to chop it, but I wanted to keep the stump......

Stump-01a_zps113d7111.jpg

While there taking pics before, I spied a couple of mushrooms growing next to the stump:

Mushy-01a_zps8cbc6751.jpg

So here is the 37 L-0 again but by the Stump....

L-0-07b_zps42e90909.jpg

And the '36 National Trojan again:

NationalTrj-01a_zps553b706e.jpg

BluesKing777.

Archived