Gibson Brands Forums

Slash Vermillion Les Paul & Marshall Ltd Ed AFD100

Rabs

That is a nice combination. Out of curiosity, what model is the AFD100 based on?

Marshall AFD100 Slash Signature

"Over the years, there have been a lot of people out there trying to replicate this amp, so we gathered all the information and put it out as the Marshall AFD100." (Slash)

After almost 8 months of research and development, Slash and Marshall have tweaked the AFD100 enough to be the most accurate reproduction of the original amp that Slash used to record the Guns N' Roses album, Appetite For Destruction. The AFD100 was limited to 2,300 pieces worldwide (2,300 because when it cames out, it's been 23 years since the Appetite For Destruction album). Marshall also produced 100 pieces of a Special Collectors Edition hand signed by Slash himself.

Specifications of the Marshall AFD100 Slash Signature amp: •100W Valve Head

•5 x ECC83 Preamp Valves

•4 x 6550 Power Amp Valves

•2 Jack Inputs (vintage styled)

•EQ & Master Volume

•Power Attenuation (right down to 0.1 watts)

•FX Loop switchable on front panel

•Tonal switch between #34/AFD and FX Loop mode

•Speaker Output: 2 x 4 ohm, 2 x 8 ohm, 1 x 16 ohm

•2 Way Footswitch

Marshall AFD100 Slash Signature

"Over the years, there have been a lot of people out there trying to replicate this amp, so we gathered all the information and put it out as the Marshall AFD100." (Slash)

After almost 8 months of research and development, Slash and Marshall have tweaked the AFD100 enough to be the most accurate reproduction of the original amp that Slash used to record the Guns N' Roses album, Appetite For Destruction. The AFD100 was limited to 2,300 pieces worldwide (2,300 because when it cames out, it's been 23 years since the Appetite For Destruction album). Marshall also produced 100 pieces of a Special Collectors Edition hand signed by Slash himself.

Specifications of the Marshall AFD100 Slash Signature amp: •100W Valve Head

•5 x ECC83 Preamp Valves

•4 x 6550 Power Amp Valves

•2 Jack Inputs (vintage styled)

•EQ & Master Volume

•Power Attenuation (right down to 0.1 watts)

•FX Loop switchable on front panel

•Tonal switch between #34/AFD and FX Loop mode

•Speaker Output: 2 x 4 ohm, 2 x 8 ohm, 1 x 16 ohm

•2 Way Footswitch

Ah okay, seems like it was more built ground up to capture the tone rather than going about modding a JCM800, which they said in the vid Slash hired for the recording

Great gear, not a fan of the tone. Except the GNR covers, those were spot-on.

The only reason I'm not a fan of the tone is because Rob has very bright hands. His pick attack brings out that really squawky, abrasive upper midrange that just tires my ears.

-Ryan

IDK, the tone seemed to me to have that "fizz" that Charlie Brown hates so much. :rolleyes: Plus his playing of SWOM reminded me of some teenager playing in Guitar Center.

It did have that definite "Slash tone" but sounded a lot more harsh and un-pleasing than I expected. Maybe it's just the little speakers on my laptop? :-k

IDK, the tone seemed to me to have that "fizz" that Charlie Brown hates so much. :rolleyes: Plus his playing of SWOM reminded me of some teenager playing in Guitar Center.

It did have that definite "Slash tone" but sounded a lot more harsh and un-pleasing than I expected. Maybe it's just the little speakers on my laptop? :-k

I think as mentioned above... that tone is coming probably more from Robs hands than anything.. he has a very "metal" type style.

Archived