Gibson Brands Forums

Rhythm /Treble switch

Shrink

Turn the Rhythm /Treble plastic surround around by 180 degrees. Problem solved. It will be easier to read into the bargain. A 'Win-Win' situation.

P.

You can try unscrewing the nut on the switch and turning it around so rhythm is up and treble is down.

Honestly, what the hell should be the use of the washer being inscribed upright for the audience? [lol] [lol] [lol]

Seriously, take care for the cable run when reversing the switch.

Honestly, what the hell should be the use of the washer being inscribed upright for the audience? [lol] [lol] [lol]

How else would the audience know when he's playing Rhythm and when he's taking his Lead Solo?.............[laugh]

P.

How else would the audience know when he's playing Rhythm and when he's taking his Lead Solo?.............[laugh]

P.

Oh, got it. I obviously didn't know for decades why they designed it the way it usually is. [scared]

Luckily I know by heart what's written there, so I'm in no need to reread it when wanting to consider my pickup decisions... [biggrin]

Oh, got it. I obviously didn't know for decades why they designed it the way it usually is. [scared]

Luckily I know by heart what's written there, so I'm in no need to reread it when wanting to consider my pickup decisions... [biggrin]

and to think, I reversed my Teles entire control plate and reversed the knobs to fix that........ [biggrin]

• 3 months later...

I took the rythm/treble washer off my Les Paul, I think they look stupid - I also removed the pick guard so I could see the fantastic maple top!!

Or maybe I'm wrong, but why aren't the volume and tone knobs labelled - how will I know which ones to use? And maybe the strings should be labelled one to six so they match guitar tab- but the strap buttons don't have a label on so how do I know where to fix my strap, OMG I'm in turmoil!!

Archived