Gibson Brands Forums

Best free guitar lessons on line

68blues

This ones easy to answer, it's got to be Justin Guitar. Justin's a well respected session musician here in the U.K (he's actually an Aussie) and he's often called upon to give lessons to "stars" by their management (Kate Melua for example).

He has a huge library of lesson for free, and he works on a trust method which is highly regarded by Brian May, that is, contribute if you can afford it, if you can't, than don't.

http://www.justinguitar.com/

Ian.

1387280174[/url]' post='1462366']

This ones easy to answer, it's got to be Justin Guitar. Justin's a well respected session musician here in the U.K (he's actually an Aussie) and he's often called upon to give lessons to "stars" by their management (Kate Melua for example).

He has a huge library of lesson for free, and he works on a trust method which is highly regarded by Brian May, that is, contribute if you can afford it, if you can't, than don't.

Ian.

Ian, thank you very much. I'll have a look straight away.

Ian.

[thumbup] [thumbup]

I've been going to Justin's site about 2 years now.

He is very good.

Problem with an answer to this typical question is that it depends on style and definition of "intermediate."

Also with what you wanna learn.

There's so much stuff out nowadays that its a reversal of my olden days when there was almost nothing except for books and watching other pickers, mostly live, compared to today's Internet opportunities that are overwhelming in quantity.

And each has something to offer to all of us regardless of level of skill, talent and goals.

Listen to what the guys suggest. Watch stuff you like and check out some of the Gibson web site's lessons. Play and play and play to increase relaxation of your technique. Frankly some of the best guitar vocal accompaniment is what I'd consider "beginner" technique, but played so effortlessly and "in time" that it shows the picker is a pro at what he's doing regardless.

In the "old country" genre, I'd say Mother Maybelle Carter fit that description perfectly. Essentially simple technique albeit groundbreaking as it was developed, played absolutely effortlessly and with perfect timing. And she's a legend. Chuck Berry made a living for a lot of years with about the same "intermediate" level playing compared to some of today's technicians, that was again, effortless and musical.

Follow your muse as you will - but it'll be best when it seems the muse follows you instead because you're so relaxed with her.

m

I've learned a lot from this guy. His name is Robert Renman, he's Swedish, currently living in Canada.

He has all kinds of stuff (rock, blues, jazz etc.) at all levels. And it's free.

http://www.dolphinstreet.com/

Robert Renman is a member of another forum that I visit all the time, his user name is rotren. He is an excellent teacher an seems like a nice guy, check it on here. I posting a link to another site doesn't upset anyone, sorry if it does, you can search the forum for his other lessons, or talk to him http://www.fenderforum.com/forum.html?db=&topic_number=781162&lastpost=2013-01-1708:58:57

• 6 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/17/2013 at 11:36 AM, milod said:

Problem with an answer to this typical question is that it depends on style and definition of "intermediate."

Also with what you wanna learn.

There's so much stuff out nowadays that its a reversal of my olden days when there was almost nothing except for books and watching other pickers, mostly live, compared to today's Internet opportunities that are overwhelming in quantity.

And each has something to offer to all of us regardless of level of skill, talent and goals.

Listen to what the guys suggest. Watch stuff you like and check out some of the Gibson web site's lessons. Play and play and play to increase relaxation of your technique. Frankly some of the best guitar vocal accompaniment is what I'd consider "beginner" technique, but played so effortlessly and "in time" that it shows the picker is a pro at what he's doing regardless.

In the "old country" genre, I'd say Mother Maybelle Carter fit that description perfectly. Essentially simple technique albeit groundbreaking as it was developed, played absolutely effortlessly and with perfect timing. And she's a legend. Chuck Berry made a living for a lot of years with about the same "intermediate" level playing compared to some of today's technicians, that was again, effortless and musical.

Follow your muse as you will - but it'll be best when it seems the muse follows you instead because you're so relaxed with her.

m

Theres a name I truly miss! "Milod."    Anyway, When I retired, I went with Guitar Tricks, and they were very good. They go through everything you can imagine, just like having a private teacher. They teach all styles of music at different levels but the price went up to over $125.00 a year and Then I went with Justin Sandercoe and he's very good also.