Gibson Brands Forums

Fret leveling and crowning tool

brc

Has any one either seen or used this before.

The fret leveling is pretty straight forward, but I just dont see how the fret crowning side of this will work.

Thomas and Genix are known for their tools, and I will most likely buy one, but I just dont see how you can crown the frets like this

thanks

Guest Farnsbarns

The ridges ramp up, over the fret and round the corners off. Its an old method. Believe me, that was edited, your go through the tape before you were done and you'd be regretting twice as quick if you dressed fretts like that a few times.

The ridges ramp up, over the fret and round the corners off. Its an old method. Believe me, that was edited, your go through the tape before you were done and you'd be regretting twice as quick if you dressed fretts like that a few times.

Thats what I was concerned about. I use some thing similar to what "Surfpup" is using

Thanks for the heads up. Guess I will stay with the tried and true method, <one fret at a time>

Only reason I do work on any fret board is because I do a lot of guitar refinishing, and at times I will be asked to clean up some problem frets.

I wont do a re-fret, nothing to that extent, mostly refinish, finish repair, but I do get asked if I will do some minor fret clean - up.

Archived