Gibson Brands Forums

suprise NGD! the g/f just gave me an early xmas gift- a reissue sorrento

Scott0

thanks for the kind words about this guitar and my better half, i'm trying to keep this one(the lady) around for as long as possible, please wish me luck! lolz

Very cool! I didnt know these came in silver flake. Will add that color to the wiki.

wow, nice! hah. the model name on the orange sticker in the body states it is a sorrento sf, i assume the sf means silver flake.

the patina on this thing is ridiculous, it's got a green tint to it, everything too, the silver flake, the binding, even the tuners have the green patina tint,

it's a psycho sorrento!

i unscrewed the p-90s they're gfs vintage wound and sound dynamite, the original pups also came with.

sorry shonita & los gatos, no mp3 yet, i suck! hahahahahah

:-)

thanks for the kind words about this guitar and my better half, i'm trying to keep this one(the lady) around for as long as possible, please wish me luck! lolz

wow, nice! hah. the model name on the orange sticker in the body states it is a sorrento sf, i assume the sf means silver flake.

the patina on this thing is ridiculous, it's got a green tint to it, everything too, the silver flake, the binding, even the tuners have the green patina tint,

it's a psycho sorrento!

i unscrewed the p-90s they're gfs vintage wound and sound dynamite, the original pups also came with.

sorry shonita & los gatos, no mp3 yet, i suck! hahahahahah

:-)

Well, if the lady is half as nice as the Sorrento, she's a keeper :)

I'll try and get my better half to do y'all an mp3 of Soraya, my Sorrento. I have a baby Park amp and he gave me an 80s Zoom effects pedal which really makes her sing :)

I can dig it, bet it nails a George Thorogood tone! Are Sorrentos full hollow?

HI, yes, full hollow.

few more pics, this thing is insanely hard to photo!

it's like it was dipped in glitter

fr3nj76.jpg

uOaTO6q.jpg

patina greened tuner pegs

2RoDMh1.jpg

I forgive few guitars only for being finished opaque - this is definitely one of them. [thumbup]

Pretty well-done glitter, incredibly consistent, and it's same time shiny and unobtrusively decent - adorable!

By the way, I guess adorable would be the right word for your girlfriend, too. I guess she will also manage to share your love with some nice guitars. :)

that's as sharp as it gets !

GFS "vintage wound" p'ups are a great value for the $ and usually sound GREAT !!, I have a Tele neck p'up and set of h-buckers in that flavor.

i'm pretty stoked with these gfs pickups, especially when i checked the pricing on them, that's a lot of tone for the price!

Archived