Gibson Brands Forums

Pickguards: LP faded DC vs. LP special DC VOS

james m.

Hi all... I have a 2003 Les Paul faded Double Cut that I would like to replace the pickguard on. The only place I have found replacements, without sending in a tracing of my old pickguard, is here:

http://www.wdmusic.com/les_paul_special_double_cutaway_vos_lps_20.html

For the Les Paul Special Double Cut VOS

Anyone know if they are the same pickguard as far as dimensions and mounting holes? I understand the original LP DC had the neck pickup further up, but I figure the design has been pretty standard these past 10 years?

I emailed Gibson and they told me they don't sell replacements and to send a tracing to WD - not quite answering my question..

Thanks for any help!

Hi all... I have a 2003 Les Paul faded Double Cut that I would like to replace the pickguard on. The only place I have found replacements, without sending in a tracing of my old pickguard, is here:

http://www.wdmusic.com/les_paul_special_double_cutaway_vos_lps_20.html

For the Les Paul Special Double Cut VOS

Anyone know if they are the same pickguard as far as dimensions and mounting holes? I understand the original LP DC had the neck pickup further up, but I figure the design has been pretty standard these past 10 years?

I emailed Gibson and they told me they don't sell replacements and to send a tracing to WD - not quite answering my question..

Thanks for any help!

As long as they're cut and drilled, for "Gibson" spec's, they should work just fine.

Gibson probably has WD make theirs! [tongue][biggrin] I changed the single ply PG

that came on my "Faded" double cut, to a 5-ply "Gibson" which I got, at that time,

from "Parts is Parts," in Vermont.

CB

As long as they're cut and drilled, for "Gibson" spec's, they should work just fine.

Gibson probably has WD make theirs! [tongue][biggrin] I changed the single ply PG

that came on my "Faded" double cut, to a 5-ply "Gibson" which I got, at that time,

from "Parts is Parts," in Vermont.

CB

That's exactly what I'm looking to do. Thanks for the reply!

Archived