Gibson Brands Forums

Synapse Demon Factory Strings

moneymoore

Did you buy your SS2F new? & if so, did it come with flatwounds?

I bought a factory refurbished one, however, I'm pretty sure it still had the original strings. They all come with the original double ball end strings, and to my best knowledge flatwound double ball strings simply don't exist. Do your strings have double ball ends?

I don't have the guitar yet. I'm deciding between the SS2F & the Demon. I asked about the strings because Ned-Steinberg's new CR-5-Radius bass guitars are all being delivered with flatwounds - so I'm not sure whether Gibson is doing the same with all their Steinberg products. So far, I'm leaning toward the SS-2F, so I appreciate your input about it.

I don't have the guitar yet. I'm deciding between the SS2F & the Demon. I asked about the strings because Ned-Steinberg's new CR-5-Radius bass guitars are all being delivered with flatwounds - so I'm not sure whether Gibson is doing the same with all their Steinberg products. So far, I'm leaning toward the SS-2F, so I appreciate your input about it.

First, the CR5 Radius bass is not delivered with flatwounds (I own one from the production run early this year), it is - as a standard - delivered with D’Addario EXL170 Nickel Round Wound Bass Strings. Then, Gibson doesn't give a #### what Ned does. Their guitars are (and have always been) delivered with standard double ball end strings, all of them round wound. Which is what most customers want. So your decision shouldn't be based on which strings you might expect. There's enough difference between the two guitars to find your perfect match :)

Bernd

• 1 year later...

Archived