Gibson Brands Forums

EPIPHONE, PLEASE LOOK AND COMMENT

crust

years ago, m-b were shipped without plastic wrap on the front of their cars. these days they are, you can see it when they are on the car carriers going down the highway.

m-b realized there was damage from rocks and pebbles from being transported via a 3-rd party transport.

so yes, m-b realized they are responsible for their cars and brand, regardless of who did the damage, how that damaged happened and when.

new car transport wrap

car%20transport%20wrap.jpg

• 2 months later...

years ago, m-b were shipped without plastic wrap on the front of their cars. these days they are, you can see it when they are on the car carriers going down the highway.

m-b realized there was damage from rocks and pebbles from being transported via a 3-rd party transport.

so yes, m-b realized they are responsible for their cars and brand, regardless of who did the damage, how that damaged happened and when.

new car transport wrap

car%20transport%20wrap.jpg

Hmmm...A Mercedes with a Volvo grill!

Well, my Epi LP Junior I purchased NEW ( not refurb or returned) from Guitar Center in Austin. Has spent its brief tenure at my home cradled in its stand...never traveled out of the house. Was tuning it (always Open D...a looser than standard tension tuning) when I noticed the neck lifting. The front two screws were stripped out to where the heel gap was 1/4". I unstrung it (I use DR 11's for my slide work on all my guitars). This is what I found...each of the screw holes has been drilled three times . I'll talk to GC tomorrow (I bought a few guitars from them before, nice folks in the South Austin store). I did not buy the GC extended warranty...never needed it before on any guitar...does my Epi carry a warranty? (I bought off the rack, so no case candy, warranty card, pamphlet, etc.).

Its an inexpensive guitar, and one of many Epis I've had over the years, and I can probably fix it with some inserts...but did my guitar get shipped with this really crappy neck attachment work? [unsure]

11b57ih.jpg

If Sam Ash is an "authorized" Epiphone guitar dealer, how do they get "authorized" if they cannot deliver an unbroken Epiphone instrument to the consumer/customer ? Even if it happened in shipment (Fedex), isn't it in Epiphone's best interest to make sure Sam Ash has hired a shipper that can actually deliver un-broken instruments ? Does the "authorized resaler selection process" and awarding of such authorization take into account who the "authorized retailer" is selecting as a shipping company during the audit/selection/award process ?? I'll never understand business...lol. No one from Epiphone ever reads these posts anyhow, too bad.msp_cursing.gifmsp_laugh.gifeusa_boohoo.gifmsp_lol.gif

I still say Epiphone should pack their guitars in something better than a cardboard box.

If Sam Ash is an "authorized" Epiphone guitar dealer, how do they get "authorized" if they cannot deliver an unbroken Epiphone instrument to the consumer/customer ? Even if it happened in shipment (Fedex), isn't it in Epiphone's best interest to make sure Sam Ash has hired a shipper that can actually deliver un-broken instruments ? Does the "authorized resaler selection process" and awarding of such authorization take into account who the "authorized retailer" is selecting as a shipping company during the audit/selection/award process ?? I'll never understand business...lol. No one from Epiphone ever reads these posts anyhow, too bad.msp_cursing.gifmsp_laugh.gifeusa_boohoo.gifmsp_lol.gif

I still say Epiphone should pack their guitars in something better than a cardboard box.

They all come in cardboard boxes. Best way to ship them. damage does happen .And any good guitar shop will stand behind it . You got to just love them boxes

Archived