Gibson Brands Forums

where does the pick go?

Scott0

I used to regularly play a restaurant that had a Cajun beach theme and the stage was built to look like a beach boardwalk with a slat-board floor.

Even though there was only about 1/4" to 1/2" gap between the 6" slats, every pick you dropped seem to fall right through the cracks. I told the owner when he pulls up those boards I want all my green Tortex picks back!

I know where they go!!!

check your dryer..

there's usually one fin that's plastic, and attached by a set of screws to the dryer interior.

I push on that everyone once and a while, and I kid ya not, about a half a dozen picks get liberated every time.

Who knew??

[thumbup]

I know where they go!!!

check your dryer..

there's usually one fin that's plastic, and attached by a set of screws to the dryer interior.

I push on that everyone once and a while, and I kid ya not, about a half a dozen picks get liberated every time.

Who knew??

[thumbup]

Close. I believe that they're kidnapped by the "missing" sock from the dryer and then they both run off and hide somewhere.

Maybe a good way is to use picks that are thicker. For example, I use Dunlop Stubby Triangle. They are thick (1.5, 2 or 3 mm) but in the center they are thinner so that it rests safely between fingers and very rarely slips out.

BTW. There's a way to find a lost pick. Lose another one, and there is a chance they'll lie close to each other ;)

had a "near miss" just this morning.....accidentally dropped a pick onto my recliner, and it vanished before my eyes...literally!

after searching and re-searching the entire area to no avail, I left the room to do something.

on return, I noticed the pick now laying right on dead center of the recliner seat.....it had NOT been there a few minutes beforehand !!

probably moved by whatever it was that grabbed one of my k9 companions by the hips and slid him backwards down the hallway 4 feet a few days back.

this furkid is 95 lbs so it wasn't a "wind-gust".

why is it that 99.9% of the times i drop a pick it completely vanishes?

I somehow manage to drop them inside the guitar, so while it's apparent where they are it can be difficult getting them out especially from the f-holes of a semi-hollow LOL.

I somehow manage to drop them inside the guitar, so while it's apparent where they are it can be difficult getting them out especially from the f-holes of a semi-hollow LOL.

the good news about that is if you ever sell it you can say it comes with a free pick! [thumbup]

Archived