Gibson Brands Forums

More Photos of my '37 L-0

BluesKing777

Can't figure out if you're more in love with the Nikon or the Gibson.

Love that old guitar, though. Can you pop out those screws and glue in a couple of dots already?

Capo, capo, capo for the fingers. Great for finding those easy singing keys. The neck on my L0 has a little dip/twist just beyond the nut. Looks like a steam job is needed. My truss rod nut is dun tightened to the last turn, and my luthier has disappeared.

Thanx guys.

Yep those luthiers will clear out at this time of year - probably down in NC near Rod, or Florida.....Bahams, Virgins.......AUSTRALIA!,,,,,,,,

Guitar Love is way ahead of camera love, even though the camera is new and fun.

And I am not going to 'pop' anything out as everything else may pop out with it.

My capo of choice recently has let me down - it is putting the L-0 severely out of tune, and my older capos are worse. Will have to stump up for that Paige that never came in a mail disagreement....

BluesKing777.

Yep,a lot of mojo in that bad boy, would love a fiddle. One qeustion BK - is it just the angle or is the action ridiculously high and almost no saddle ? Is a neck reset imminent ?

btw: I did a visit to Twang Central and they still had the 43's and 46's SJ's along with a 36' J-35. Played them all and while they all sounded stellar and magical the GAS monster didnt appear this time as I reckon the 43' LG-2 has filled the banner Gibson tone thirst.

Was also amazed how similar the 52' SJ sounded to my Aaron Lewis SJ, which was a 51's SJ replica. 90% of the tone was identical with the 52's SJ having a bit more looser bass and slightly sweeter highs from the aging process.

I was pretty happy with with myself must say.

Yep,a lot of mojo in that bad boy, would love a fiddle. One qeustion BK - is it just the angle or is the action ridiculously high and almost no saddle ? Is a neck reset imminent ?

btw: I did a visit to Twang Central and they still had the 43's and 46's SJ's along with a 36' J-35. Played them all and while they all sounded stellar and magical the GAS monster didnt appear this time as I reckon the 43' LG-2 has filled the banner Gibson tone thirst.

Was also amazed how similar the 52' SJ sounded to my Aaron Lewis SJ, which was a 51's SJ replica. 90% of the tone was identical with the 52's SJ having a bit more looser bass and slightly sweeter highs from the aging process.

I was pretty happy with with myself must say.

Glad you got out of Twang intact, EA.

Did they have any......thing....errrr....gulp......interesting? Don't tell me.

The L-0 is in a place that the guitar guy put it for me - just working until it has the neck reset, new frets or new neck or new body and new tuners and new saddle and.....there is nothing left.

The moral being if I want to play a new neck, I have a few spare guitars.....

So this one stays as is - good for the blues face! Sounds great though and I may save up for a L-0 in top nick.

BluesKing777.

I took a few more, well actually a real lot, photos of my 1937 Gibson L-0 - for those interested in photos, I used my 35mm F1.8 lens in natural light by a window.....

The Hound knows exactly what we are talkin' about - does this face say it all?:

L-0-35mm01a_zps95d5de09.jpg

And a HUGE warning to new photogs - don't EVER, EVER, EVER use the lens I mentioned above to take the WIFE or Girlfriend or boyfriend or any person you like!

A great lens for guitars, even though the first pic has made the strings look purple (Chromatic aberrations), but a dreadful, dreadful lens for portraits - shows every wrinkle and defect and your life could be over when showing them the lovely pic you just took! The poor dog, who I should rename 'Patience' looks about 10 years older!

Stick to guitar pics with it! Thought I had better mention it....

BluesKing777.

Here is a couple of photos of my 1976 metal body Dobro.

A friend asked me if I still had it the other day, and the Boss will always pick this guitar if I ask her which guitar I should use for a tune to play her....

Apart from a wonderful sound, here's why:

Dobro35mm-01a_zpsa067573e.jpg

Dobro35mm-02a_zps0ea7b1ad.jpg

Dobro35mm-05a_zpsa4ddb038.jpg

BluesKing777.

I have been rotating various guitars to practice with for a session, then haul it out to take it's picture!

Archived