Gibson Brands Forums

what are you excited about giving this year

Guest Farnsbarns

Guest Farnsbarns

What have you bought for your friends and family that you think you've done particularly well on? I have bought my wife a disco calculator hat she has been on about for ever. Plays a little disco piece on each button, allowing for cheese workplace dance moves everytime the calculator comes out (by far the cheapest thing I've got her but I suspect the best).

i've bought my son in law a acoustic guitar. he's not expecting anything. his acoustic got crushed in moving a year back. theyre young and have no extra $ ., especially with a daughter of their own now. my girls grew up hearing me play their whole lives. now my grandaughter will get to hear him.

Ive made all our gifts this year as a full time artist and Jeweler I don't tend to like to gift my work to friends and family because it seems cheap to me but they always complain so this year i had a serious injury (torn Retina) in right eye that has really sidelined me for the last four months and required four surgeries and I have at least one and probably two more to go so I haven't been so focused on making products for sale so I really cranked down and made all our gifts and Im pretty sure it's gonna be a big hit.

Jannusguy2 smart move and Italy is amazing as both a Catholic and a artist seeing Rome and Florence in person was a lifelong dream and we've done it several times now and it is always great. I spent 10 days in Venice last year and loved it. I's almost as great as Paris for a romantic get away the fountains in rome. Wine country and gondola's in Venice hard to top that.

I normally just send all of my kids money because I know that they can use it, won't return it, won't be disappointed, etc. This year however, my youngest daughter (early 30's) had really, really, really expressed a desire to learn to play the guitar. So, I bought one of the Epi Starter Packs and the Learn And Master Guitar course for her for Christmas. She has had both for a few weeks now and is in the so called "7th Heaven", so I feel good about that one.

I gave our (technically my wifes') 8 yr old Niece a Fender Malibu NA A/E guitar, a 15w SS amp, 2 cables, assorted picks, a stand, and 2x 9v batteries for the Fishman unit.

She opened them Friday when we made the 300 mi round trip to deliver it.

She was thrilled !! it's (age appropriately progressive) her 3rd guitar.

Archived