Gibson Brands Forums

SG Standard

DBRUCE

Hello, Can anyone tell me if the '06 SG Standard in Heritage Cherry, came with '57 Classics, or has this beauty I'm about to purchase been modified? I've read a spec sheet that said the SG came with 490R/498T's, from the '60s, until '013 I think. Also, is it ok to get opinions on an asking price at this forum? Thank You!

Hello, Can anyone tell me if the '06 SG Standard in Heritage Cherry, came with '57 Classics, or has this beauty I'm about to purchase been modified? I've read a spec sheet that said the SG came with 490R/498T's, from the '60s, until '013 I think. Also, is it ok to get opinions on an asking price at this forum? Thank You!

It should have the full face pickguard and 490R/498T pickups

Going to look at an '06 SG Standard tomorrow. Heritage Cherry. Green Keystone Klusons.Rosewood board. Seller is original owner. He states pickups are '57 Classics. Axe is near mint, a few light scratches on pickguard, that's it. Seller used axe in studio a number of times and says it's spent most of it's life in the case (TKL HS). He prefers his Vintage LP Custom. He still has GC hang tag($1,711) Says he paid around $1,350 for it. Asking price is $800. Any opinion? Thanks!

If you send the serial number to Gibson they can give you the specs the guitar was made.

Either way, the Classic 57's or the 490/498 should be cool, IMHO. I personally prefer the 490/498 in my SG Standard and the Classic 57's in my LP's and CS356. You could always change the pick ups to something you like better. If the guitar plays really well and feels good I would not let it pass by at a good price.

Good luck!!!

Going to look at an '06 SG Standard tomorrow. Heritage Cherry. Green Keystone Klusons.Rosewood board. Seller is original owner. He states pickups are '57 Classics. Axe is near mint, a few light scratches on pickguard, that's it. Seller used axe in studio a number of times and says it's spent most of it's life in the case (TKL HS). He prefers his Vintage LP Custom. He still has GC hang tag($1,711) Says he paid around $1,350 for it. Asking price is $800. Any opinion? Thanks!

IMHO, $1700 might be the MSRP, which is a markup and different from the retail price. I paid $1100 for my SG Standard in 2011 at Guitar Center.

If the guitar is in pristine condition $800 is not too bad, but IMHO, a bit on the high side.

IMHO, $1700 might be the MSRP, which is a markup and different from the retail price. I paid $1100 for my SG Standard in 2011 at Guitar Center.

If the guitar is in pristine condition $800 is not too bad, but IMHO, a bit on the high side.

my thoughts exactly.....my '10 Std. was $1050 New.

Sounds like a 61RI and not a standard.

Archived