Gibson Brands Forums

thinning the herd

pschaafs

Well one of them anyway. An old resonator I never play anymore went to Goodwill yesterday. It was difficult because I tend to be a hoarder, but hopefully it will get into someone's hands who can make some use of it. i didn't think it was worth my time trying to sell it, so i'll take a charitable deduction for it. The other nine will be more difficult...

Pics or it didn't happen ;). When lower end musical instruments get moved on among my circle of friends, the only qualification is that they are more likely to use them than it's current keeper. Just recently, we were wondering how or where it might be possible to include a bit of history that the guitar had; where it's been, the songs it's done. Reminds me of that cool 1940 0-18 that was with a serviceman during WWII, and had all of the ports of call painted on to it's backside.

A Bon Voyage to your old resonator.

"Well one of them anyway. An old resonator I never play anymore went to Goodwill yesterday. It was difficult because I tend to be a hoarder, but hopefully it will get into someone's hands who can make some use of it. i didn't think it was worth my time trying to sell it, so i'll take a charitable deduction for it. The other nine will be more difficult.."

I'm not as noble as you. Good for you.

I have half a dozen electric guitars to sell and three amps. Can't work up the nerve to say goodbye, though I'll never play them again. The university next door to me is willing to accept them as a donation ........ my home as well!!

A great idea is to give your playable culls to a kid who claims they want to play .... or your local school with a music program.My Norlin era J45 is a beater/loaner currently in the hands of a friend's son-in-law. If he develops some skill, I'll just let him keep it.

If you ever jump onto that Shopgoodwill site those people bidding are nuts. But on occasion a real gem pops up. A month or so ago a script logo NYC-made Guild flattop came up. I have not run across one of those for sale in year. The biggest problem is you have really no idea as to condition.

Nothing that will go to Goodwill! I have a 1969 J-50, a 2007 J-185, and a 1968 EB0 bass from Gibson, a couple Martins, a Santa Cruz 00, a Guild F-412 and a couple customs by Hank Mauel

I used to have Hank Mauel interpretation of a J-185, with a sunburst finish done by Harv Leach, probably back in the late '90s. I like the real J-185 better, for a 185 sound and vibe, though.

Fred

Archived