Gibson Brands Forums

Nice old J-45 & a beautiful song too

Lefty Guy

These guys are great. Reportedly that is a 1951 J45 that some girl sent him. Tip: if you're trying to learn these songs that J45 is often tuned down a whole step, and the capos on each guitar are often on different frets, so the lead, though in the same key, is often played in a different chord pattern. Drove me and my duo partner nuts yesterday trying to learn one of their songs. By the way, you can visit their website and download their first 2 albums for FREE.

These guys are great. Reportedly that is a 1951 J45 that some girl sent him. Tip: if you're trying to learn these songs that J45 is often tuned down a whole step, and the capos on each guitar are often on different frets, so the lead, though in the same key, is often played in a different chord pattern. Drove me and my duo partner nuts yesterday trying to learn one of their songs. By the way, you can visit their website and download their first 2 albums for FREE.

thanks for the tip!

I first saw these guys on a special about the Llweyn Davis movie. As the article in Acoustic Guitar said, they both struggled as solo artists but caught on when they hooked up. Sometimes described as a cross between the Everly Bros. and Simon and Garfunkel. I like their music a lot. [thumbup]

ok, help needed. I downloaded their 2 free albums to my computer but they don't "stick" in iTunes. Anyone know how to do this?

thx

Archived