Gibson Brands Forums

Firebird 70's Tribute

1959jaws

In other words, the neck pickup is twice the output of the bridge? If they are both 1/8" from the strings, move the neck pickup further away until the output is similar. The string vibrates a lot more over the neck pickup so it has be a greater distance from the strings in order to compenate.

In other words, the neck pickup is twice the output of the bridge? If they are both 1/8" from the strings, move the neck pickup further away until the output is similar. The string vibrates a lot more over the neck pickup so it has be a greater distance from the strings in order to compenate.

No, the neck pickup is much lower than the bridge.

Got a 70's Tribute Firebird...it plays outstandingly...but, the bridge pickup has about 1/2 the output of the neck pickup...checked all electronics and can't find anything wrong...Any suggestions?

Thanks

So, the pickups have the same resistance but one is much louder? I've you're sure that nothing is wrong, definitely drop the neck pup away from the strings. I would move the bridge pup closer, about 1/16", not 1/8". If that doesn't work, you might have a warranty issue.

So, the pickups have the same resistance but one is much louder? I've you're sure that nothing is wrong, definitely drop the neck pup away from the strings. I would move the bridge pup closer, about 1/16", not 1/8". If that doesn't work, you might have a warranty issue.

The pickup justs sounds weak to me...I raised it up as close as possible and it's still weaker than the bridge pup. I think it's a warranty issue at this point.

• 1 month later...

Archived