Gibson Brands Forums

Running a two watt tube head fender greta into a 1/12 combo

Timefortea

Hi peeps got hold of a 2 watt fender greta amp it has a line out also a out put for a cab

I want to run it though my hot rod deluxe

Would I go into the ordinary input or would I run it through the pre amp input

Thanks peeps

If the Hot Rod's speaker has a 1/4" lead going to the Speaker Out of the Hot Rod, you'll need a Female/Female 1/4" adapter, to connect the Speaker Out of the Greta to the speaker lead of the Hot Rod.

-Ryan

If the Hot Rod's speaker has a 1/4" lead going to the Speaker Out of the Hot Rod, you'll need a Female/Female 1/4" adapter, to connect the Speaker Out of the Greta to the speaker lead of the Hot Rod.

-Ryan

Thanks man but I already ran it thought a cab I'm wanting to use it as a tube powerd over drive to push my amp and use the reverb on my amp

Those are cool little amps. You can run the line out into your Hot Rod Deluxe, but the level will be a quite a bit hotter than your normal guitar level. Turn all your gains and volumes down to zero and then ease them up slowly. This is called slaving normally.

Those are cool little amps. You can run the line out into your Hot Rod Deluxe, but the level will be a quite a bit hotter than your normal guitar level. Turn all your gains and volumes down to zero and then ease them up slowly. This is called slaving normally.

Thanks man so I run it into the standard input ?

The deluxe also has a pre amp input if I run it through there will bypass all the controls on the amp

Thanks man so I run it into the standard input ?

The deluxe also has a pre amp input if I run it through there will bypass all the controls on the amp

You have two options. Either you run the line out of the Greta into the Preamp In of the HRD, in which you're just replacing the HRD's preamp with the Greta's, or you run the line out of the Greta into the front of the HRD, where you would plug your guitar in, and you could use it to drive the preamp of the HRD. So, judging from your reply, you would want to try the second option.

-Ryan

You have two options. Either you run the line out of the Greta into the Preamp In of the HRD, in which you're just replacing the HRD's preamp with the Greta's, or you run the line out of the Greta into the front of the HRD, where you would plug your guitar in, and you could use it to drive the preamp of the HRD. So, judging from your reply, you would want to try the second option.

-Ryan

Thanks Ryan that's what I thought off to wake the neighbours lol:)

Hi peeps got hold of a 2 watt fender greta amp it has a line out also a out put for a cab

I want to run it though my hot rod deluxe

Would I go into the ordinary input or would I run it through the pre amp input

Thanks peeps

I thought the fender greta was marketed as like a small amp that you plug your ipod into and listen to music.

So this little amp rocks tried it both ways

Sounded better going In the normal input I was able to crank the greta and have my hrd set on the clean Chanel on about 1 1/2 and get some real sweet overdriven sounds

With my les Paul pushing it as well it sounded great

Realy loved the tones I'm getting from my jm strat just by backing of the volume a bit on my guitar really cleans up the sound

Can't wait till tomorrow when I can put it through the of channels and turn up the volume

Archived