Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
proaudiotech

SC-IX V5.0 public beta 2- COMPLETED

Hello SCS.4DJ users,

Beta 1 is complete. Thank you all for your beta testing! [thumbup] We are now moving onto beta 2 and final release. New feature requests are closed, if you have comments regarding feature requests please create a new thread with your chosen topic.

Here are the fixes from Beta 1:

- Improved Waveform display

- Fixed problem with slow browsing after the update on some units

- Fixed delete from playlist moves the cursor to a different location

- Fixed unit from crashing during FLAC playback of certain tracks

About SC-IX V5.0 Update

Beta 2 Click the link: Download Here

This release brings a host of new features and improvements, including:

QuickGrid V1.2 with higher resolution analysis

New Continuous SYNC mode

New Effects - High Pass Filter, Low Pass Filter, Band Pass Filter, Phaser, and Tape Delay.

New “Time Rift” mode lets you scratch, seek, use hot cues, loop then return to synchronized playback.

Manual Loops available as a shift function to the Loop keys

Increased track count support is now 50,000.

Improved navigation and browsing experience

Added FLAC file support

For the full details check out the PDF guide in the download

Before we make this live on the Stanton web-site we would like to give you an opportunity to check out the beta release.

This release is not yet approved for live use, so we recommend ensuring you have your music library backed up before updating and re-scanning using QuickGrid.

SCS.4DJ is now a few years old and as with any leading edge technology (such as smartphones) it gets more difficult to add new features based on older processors. We will continue to listen to your feedback and although your request may not make it into another SCS.4DJ release, it will certainly be viewed directly by our development teams and could have an effect on future product design.

We continue to be grateful for your support and hope that you will be as excited as we are after checking out the new SC-IX V5.0.

Our best regards, Team Stanton.

Gibson Customer Service

1-800-4GIBSON

service@gibson.com

Awesome update!

Don't know if this is a bug:

Headphone split... I've switched it to "On", but doesn't seem te split. Am I doing something wrong?

I cannot find a difference between on or off. I would like to have master to one side and pre listen to the other.

Nevermind - it is working. My headphone was switched from stereo to mono. Sorry - everything works fine now!

Awesome update!

Don't know if this is a bug:

Headphone split... I've switched it to "On", but doesn't seem te split. Am I doing something wrong?

I cannot find a difference between on or off. I would like to have master to one side and pre listen to the other.

Can someone please explain how to get the latest version of Quickgrid to work on an iMac with Mavericks OS. I keep getting "Quickgrid" is damaged and can't be opened. You should eject the disk image.

I follow all instructions on downloading "Quickgrid" and I still get "Quickgrid" is damaged and can't be opened. I have tried multiple times. At this point I am very frustrated. alessiogennaro are you running the latest OS on your iMac? Do you think it could have something to do with the OS Mavericks?

I follow all instructions on downloading "Quickgrid" and I still get "Quickgrid" is damaged and can't be opened. I have tried multiple times. At this point I am very frustrated. alessiogennaro are you running the latest OS on your iMac? Do you think it could have something to do with the OS Mavericks?

I'm using latest osx mavericks and everything is ok for me

I have tried multiple times to download Quickgrid and I can't seem to open it. I even tried to download to my MacBook Pro with Mountain Lion OS. I get the same "Quickgrid" is damaged and can't be opened. At this point I give up.

So far so good for beta testing (on PC). I like the option where to put the analyser files for QuickGrid. My laptop scanned over 21k mp3's without any problems. This night I'll transfer them to a USB3 SSD.

I also did a compare with an NTFS formatted and FAT32 USB drive. NTFS boots faster and the SCS seems to read it just fine.

So far testing is good! Unit responds fast with 21.065 songs in library. First boot with all the songs took a while. So far I have not found any issues. I wonder what to test... Just curious: is there still debug code in this release (so would a final release result in a even faster unit?).

Liking the Beta 2. Seems more solid and speedier.Platter feel, seems improved from Beta 1. Good quality recording.

I still prefer the more simple and tidy looking beatgrid display though, I have one drive with the new Beatgrid, and I have another with the old Beatgrid. I prefer the old style, easier to read and use for loops etc.

Maybe I will get used to the new wave forms over time.

Overall I love the new Firmware, thanks for the hard work and continued support!!!!! [thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup]

I have tried multiple times to download Quickgrid and I can't seem to open it. I even tried to download to my MacBook Pro with Mountain Lion OS. I get the same "Quickgrid" is damaged and can't be opened. At this point I give up.

Try this: right click on the .App and choose "Show Package Contents" see if you can find and run the .jar file.

Finally got around to updating my unit to this latest firmware. Have to say it's great, so good job!

The only things now stopping this from being 100% (as far as I'm concerned) are the lack of a full waveform on the home screen, as per this mock-up I did a while back:

20120404-qqwaeqt2dt1gfie7yhqxq2867t.jpg

...and then making Quickgrid a fully fledged app like Rekordbox where we can manually adjust BPM's, cue points and the beat grid positioning etc. It still totally fails on getting a large percentage of my tracks correctly analysed, so I seldom get to use loops and beat-synced effects:

20120404-xkwsfbm7mr6n2ww8sa87pstd9t.jpg

You really wouldn't need to do any more to the unit itself if you could make it so we can use QuickGrid to arrange everything before transferring to the unit - set up playlists (and make folders), set cues and beatgrids etc, then save to USB and away you go.

It's sooooo close to being my 100% perfect setup right now!

the lack of a full waveform on the home screen

i would like 2 have this 2 (like i mentioned earlier in this forum...)

Top on my wishlist:

1. Fader Q-Start (Opposite Deck starts if X-fader moves from far Left A2B or vice versa

2. Deck start in sync (so u do not have to click it everytime the Decks starts...)

Keep on doing with ur good work and support!

Cheers,

DJ-Sunny