Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson LP jr double cut / ebay , real ?

Karloff

theres a lp jr double cut on ebay, and from the pics, especially rear views, it appears to be made of 4 or even 5 pieces of mahoghany. is this a fake or a real Gibson. hope those who know can tell. i keep screwing up the link, so if you feel like it, the item number is 231127745135.

i thought it would be odd that Gibson would have a body of that many pieces ...

Yeah I got one of those... cant see any thing suspect.. They are AWESOME guitars.. cant recommend them enough [thumbup]

And often they can be made up of 4 pieces or so.. makes no real difference.. Personally id have to play it first..

Heres the link

http://www.ebay.com/itm/231127745135?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_sacat%3D0%26_from%3DR40%26_nkw%3D231127745135%26_rdc%3D1

Guest Farnsbarns

These are the issues...

it is definitely far superior to the other double cuts that you will find out there

Hmmmm.. :-k . well, it could be I s'pose. I doubt it. It is a 5 piece body for starters, that's about as many as you see.

you'll need to set up the guitar to suit your playing style yourself when you  get it, but it really plays great for me.

I suspect this means it needs a set up, or worse, it's a dog.

It's a 2006 model that is no  longer in production, so it's bound to be collectable soon

No, it isn't.

All sales are final, no refunds or returns.

Really, why? No confidence?

I wouldn't touch it.

These are the issues...

Hmmmm.. :-k . well, it could be I s'pose. I doubt it. It is a 5 piece body for starters, that's about as many as you see.

I suspect this means it needs a set up, or worse, it's a dog.

No, it isn't.

Really, why? No confidence?

I wouldn't touch it.

apparently everyone agreed with you. the auction ended maybe 20 mins ago and no one bid. local music store has a custom shop tv white version that id love to get

Archived