Gibson Brands Forums

need help with the value..

cowboy123

I've had this guitar for a while and am thinking about selling it...I also have the Gibson HSC...it also has the bound neck...has one ding (shown in the pic) and some normal wear and tear for its age but fret wear in minimal...just wondering what the actual value might be...serial #93027320...thanks...

https://db.tt/NxQV7BQb

https://db.tt/Ci2G9doj

thanks...later.

cowboy123

• 2 weeks later...

yes..something got on it and it looks a little faded...but it is the real deal...thanks for the info guys...later.

cowboy123

dude id check the serial number with Gibson, It's not just the faded look, there should not be a stenciled in outline around the logo. I'm not saying your selling a fake, but it is very possible you received a fake not knowing.

dude id check the serial number with Gibson, It's not just the faded look, there should not be a stenciled in outline around the logo. I'm not saying your selling a fake, but it is very possible you received a fake not knowing.

thanks...never thought that it might be a fake...serial number is #93027320...looked at the pots and they were all labeled Gibson...tuner were labeled Gibson deluxe"...but the label on the headstock does seem strange...I'll try to take some closeups of the headstock, back of the headstock, and the control cavity...would like to get this figured out...later.

cowboy123

btw, not really concerned about selling it...got the 2013 LP I wanted..

thanks...never thought that it might be a fake...serial number is #93027320...looked at the pots and they were all labeled Gibson...tuner were labeled Gibson deluxe"...but the label on the headstock does seem strange...I'll try to take some closeups of the headstock, back of the headstock, and the control cavity...would like to get this figured out...later.

cowboy123

btw, not really concerned about selling it...got the 2013 LP I wanted..

I. Did some research for you. Forget what I said. I Have found that this odd outline does occur on occasion, some reissue custom shops have this to make it looked aged. It's some kinda odd reaction that occurs. Figured I'd let u know so u don't think in the back of your mind it may be fake. My appoligies.

Archived