Gibson Brands Forums

Basic question about 2011 Gibson SG Standard 24

jrich7720

Hey board members,

I recently identified a 2011 Gibson SG that I came into as a Gibson SG Standard 24. It is non-anniversary. My original intentions were to lefty-flip it, but I've decided that I would be happier if I were to sell it and buy a lefty instead. I'm having trouble finding any info on the original sales price, and I can't find another one of these guitars for sale anywhere online. The guitar is out of production. So, I'd like to see if anyone could suggest what sort of price I should ask for this guitar. I also don't really have any idea whether this guitar is something that is sought after, so opinions on that would be appreciated as well.

Here's a link to the Gibson page for this guitar:

Gibson SG Standard 24

Thanks,

James

I believe only musicians friend are the ones who sold them specifically. They do it every so many years. The one difference it may have had than a standard sg is 24 frets and possibly the ability to coil tap(not sure on that one though). I believe the clelebrity model is very similiar but it had gold hardware. Maybe this will help. Tim

I have that guitar. It's an American Music Supply exclusive. They took the left over 50th anv SG24's and made these. Under the full face pick guard are all the holes for pickup rings and the small bat wing pg. Not too many people know of this guitar. The main selling features, 24 frets, Toni Iommi bridge pickup, Firebird X mini neck pu. I'd look for around 1K for it.

Thanks for the replies!

The Gibson page for my guitar lists the neck pickup as a "Mini-Humbucker(Alnico II)", while the Firebird X page lists the pickups as "Firebird X". Are you sure that the mini is a Firebird X?

I look at the current link for the guitar and it only say mini with alnico V. The info I have on my files say mini with alnico V firebird X

I look at the current link for the guitar and it only say mini with alnico V. The info I have on my files say mini with alnico V firebird X

According to Gibson's specs on the Firebird X they are using three different pups:

Neck Position Firebird X (Alnico V)

Middle Position Firebird X (Ceramic)

Bridge Position Firebird X (Alnico II)

From what I've seen, most of the minis as of late have all been ceramic. It's refreshing that they are using alnico on some. One of the things that stopped me from buying a Firebird is the use of the ceramic magnets as I want a mini with low output and assume the ceramic pups are hotter.

Archived