Gibson Brands Forums

What kind of Guitar does Little Roy Lewis Play?

k-zoo sport

Little Roy plays with "The Little Roy and Lizzy Show". What kind of Gibson does he have? It looks like an Advanced Jumbo to me but I hope somebody else here will have a more keen eye than me. I don't know how to attach a pic so perhaps you could just do a google search.

It is an AJ. In fact, there are only Gibsons in the band.

I think Gibson gives them to him -- at least the use to. In any case, he has played them ever since they were re-introduced. The first one he had had a hole in it after about a year -- from playing ware[biggrin].

Let's pick,

-Tom

K-zoo sport -- can I assume from your name you have one of these:

mandosport.jpg

Best,

-Tom

Hi Tom,

In fact I do. I have both of those. My Sport Model is an earlier model and doesn't have "Sport Model" written in the headstock like yours. MIne is from 1938. I'd like to sell it in fact. I also have a KM-11 like the one in your pic. It sounds fantastic!

Hi K-zoo,

I corrected a typo above. Little Roy I am pretty sure only uses AJs in his shows because of an endorsement deal. I have talked to him a bit on the subject -- he is very easy to talk to. He collects instruments -- especially old Kay basses -- and he said he has several 50s Martins.

Best,

-Tom

BTW, we have several old Zoos from that period and also a Gibson L-00 3/4 -- the same form factor as the Sport but X-braced.

Here is a picture. I have been playing the KG-14 a lot lately -- I love its tone.

Zoos.jpg

Archived