Gibson Brands Forums

curve ball

ParlourMan

When a scot says cheap , he'll mean cheap.

But thats a great deal PM. Its always gonna owe you money at that price. When youre done with your chicken pickin.

How could anyone ever be done with chicken pickin'? Never has a more humourous genre of music been created.... That stuff is like laughing gas!

I too have a soft spot for a good American Standard. This is my second one only because I made the mistake of trading my first one. I got this one used, and have replaced the pickups and pickgaurd only. I will be giving it a Tusq nut soon.

photo1_zpse3abffcc.jpg

photo4_zps9a1c4f09.jpg

photo3_zpsf2de3807.jpg

photo2_zps05ef78ce.jpg

photo_zpsb34206af.jpg

I use to think Strat, Tele, electrics with flatpick in one corner - and fingerpicking on acoustic in the other corner.

Then I tried the 54 ES125 in a pawn shop and it has a big chunky neck like an acoustic or my old L50 and perfect for fingerpicking and the added bonus of a P90 ear-tearer for when the patrons get a bit pissed and noisy, perhaps....my Strat is too skinny though.

ES125-777a_zps784fa061.jpg

BluesKing777.

Beautiful ES125 BluesKing. Love the sound of single coils. But, for shame, having so many electrics on an acoustic forum. I love the sound of a well played electric guitar but they ain't me babe. The best thing about solid body electrics is that you don't really need a case for them a la Roy Buchanan and you don't need a humidifier either. Great pics everyone.

Archived