Gibson Brands Forums

NGD My First Les Paul (Signature T VS) Finish Imperfection

GeorgeM

Thats a honey burst right? The guitar look very nice, but if the cutaway puts you off don't waste your time thinking about it just return it. Who knows you might get an even better looking one. If you like the guitar and everything works on it and the guitar sounds like you wanted then just forget about it and maybe ask for a discount. I wasn't going to return mine but after i found out the truss rod was not working properly I then returned the guitar without even thinking about it.

Thanks G.....I was thinking about it, but after talking with the wife and deciding it will endure a few dings along the way and has a distinct mark for or if ever stolen.....I will keep her.

They call it Desert Burst....and that picture does not do it justice.

I have just purchased my first les paul, A Signature T Vintage Sunburst. The guitar sounds and plays awesome, however there are some imperfections on the finish . Have you ever seen anything similar ? The top looks fantastic but I was really hesitant purchasing the guitar because of that imperfection under the body binding on the Cutaway. Also there are some red stuff on the headstock veneer it doesn't seem to come off so its not leftover polish. Also the truss rod cover seems to be slightly curved is that normal?

I have the same thing on my traditional in the cutaway. It's Gibson, this stuff is def common on the models i have seen, but being that you have two issues on the paint job that would prob bother me too. However like mine the cutaway issue seems like its the wood itself under the paint, which sucks, but if the guitar feels good then think of it as personality, imperfection can be beauty.

Archived