Gibson Brands Forums

1996 Sorrento - Antique Sunburst

vaxxine

looks like it's in perfect condition.

score!

It's in pretty good shape overall. I think the tuners need to be replaced; I'd like to go with something better quality that still has the green keystone or tulip buttons. Suggestions welcome.

That couch has got to go.

It's in pretty good shape overall. I think the tuners need to be replaced; I'd like to go with something better quality that still has the green keystone or tulip buttons. Suggestions welcome.

That couch has got to go.

Don't you just totally dig those green buttons? my 96 sorrento has them too, they're gorgeous! Do you know if they were green originally? I assumed they patinad but I don't know for certain.

Don't you just totally dig those green buttons? my 96 sorrento has them too, they're gorgeous! Do you know if they were green originally? I assumed they patinad but I don't know for certain.

I do like them. As far as I know they were green right from the start. I'll have to check my Zephyr Regent later but I think it has them too.

Great looking guitar, always loved these. Nice score!

+1 on the Super Champ as well, I have one as my home amp. I gig and record with a '65 Reissue Princeton and you can hear a difference between the two when they're turned up, but it's crazy how close the Super Champ comes given it's a quarter of the price. Brilliant concept as well, with the digital models added over the top of a true valve amp platform.

Nice looking guitar. Having never seen one in person and looking at the bridge placement and the depth that the fretboard goes into the body it looks like it has a short scale. Is that the case?

It's the usual 24.75" scale. But I see how you could think that it sort of has proportions similar to a Byrdland with a 23.5" scale.

Thanks everybody. I really like the colors and shades in this particular sunburst. The darkest color is a wine/burgundy. I prefer this to the traditional yellow-to-black sunburst.

I'm really enjoying the P90 sound, after decades of nothing but humbucker. It's a nice change. The neck PU sits way down - pole pieces are nearly 1/4" (8/32) below the strings. Despite that, the tone and volume seems fine. I might experiment with some spacers to see how things change if I raise the PU a bit. But it really does seem fine as-is.

Archived