Gibson Brands Forums

mysterious guitar ??

pauly710

hello all , i wonder if anyone could help me ?? i ve had this les paul stored away for years , serial number is either 9 0949 or 3 0949 cannot really tell the first number !! it has black stickers with gold writing on the back of the pickups saying patent applied for .AMHOR or AMBOR written inside top pick up cavity with a date ubove (undecipherable ) . under the bridge is stamped , gibson pat.no. 2,740,313 , pot numbers are 4407109a r1379308

been told its a cherry red heritage , also a flame sunburst also a flame tiger stripe ?? lol

cannot sends photos here for some reason ,, but if you need to see the guitar ,,please mail me at pauly710@gmail.com

many thanks paul .

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello and welcome Paul!

You can post pictures using a Photobucket account. Upload pictures there. Then click on the "IMG" button to copy the link, and paste it into Your post here.

I am afraid, without pictures it would be hard to say anything.

Best regards... Bence

Guest Farnsbarns

hello all , i wonder if anyone could help me ?? i ve had this les paul stored away for years , serial number is either 9 0949 or 3 0949 cannot really tell the first number !! it has black stickers with gold writing on the back of the pickups saying patent applied for .AMHOR or A written inside top pick up cavity with a date ubove (undecipherable ) . under the bridge is stamped , gibson pat.no. 2,740,313 , pot numbers are 4407109a r1379308

been told its a cherry red heritage , also a flame sunburst also a flame tiger stripe ?? lol

cannot sends photos here for some reason ,, but if you need to see the guitar ,,please mail me at pauly710@gmail.com

many thanks paul

You've asked this question of multiple members by PM and at leat one has responded. The random and multiple PM's, which you seem to loose interest in when the recipient doesn't bite but does reply have made me very suspicious about this. I'll be frank, I think it's a scam.

...I'll be frank, I think it's a scam...

TBH I don't quite see how it's a scam, Farns, but it IS a bit bizzarre.

In an earlier exchange of about a dozen e-mails between myself and the OP I've seen around 10 snaps of the LP in question and it's a 1993 '1960 Classic'.

But why on Earth the OP is hereabouts asking again surprises me.

Looking for a second, third, fourth opinion?

Looking for someone, perhaps, who might suggest it's more of a rarity than a 1993 '1960 Classic' and, therfore, more valuable?

Beats me, I must admit.

If I cared at all I'd share the pictures sent to me and explain, in great detail, why it is what it is.

But I won't. I'm in a huff.......[-(

P.

Guest Farnsbarns

[unsure] Oh dear, well I hope you cheer up by Monday! \:D/

Go on, send me the pics, or just show em to me on your phone next week. I'm in no doubt that you're right.

Just some extra info... I have no idea about the content but this chaps first 2 threads were deleted, it seems.

Curiouser and curiouser.

I guess he'll just keep asking until someone tells him it's a 1959 worth a million bucks!

lol ,, been told by gibson dealers in the uk , that its a 1960 ... 61 ,,, 80 ,,,89 ,,,90 ,,, 93 and a 99 , the only date its not is a 99 as i remember the fella wwho i got the guitar off playing it during the mid 90 s , i d accepted what rabs said about it being a 93 , untill i was contacted by a london dealer who said on the phone , that its a 93 and he would drive down 240 miles to buy it , but could i keep it quiet as its a personal matter ??

lol ,, been told by gibson dealers in the uk , that its a 1960 ... 61 ,,, 80 ,,,89 ,,,90 ,,, 93 and a 99 , the only date its not is a 99 as i remember the fella wwho i got the guitar off playing it during the mid 90 s , i d accepted what rabs said about it being a 93 , untill i was contacted by a london dealer who said on the phone , that its a 93 and he would drive down 240 miles to buy it , but could i keep it quiet as its a personal matter ??

wait...what?

The cloak and dagger of it all.

rct

ok ,, still after a number of e mails , no one still can really say what this guitar is , i put it on ebay ,, had 1250 quid offered ,, then buyer pulls out !! not even seeing the guitar ,, yet right after that 3 dealers contacted me with varying prices , all well above the e bay final cost , i dont need the money !! so back in storage for another 8 years ,, getting moldier and moldier ,,lol

but thank you all for your input ,, i still beleive like pippy and rabs ,,its a 93 , ties into nearly when the fella i got the guitar was in the usa and bought it ,, odd though ,, he was there 2 years before that ,, just checked today !! but he is bonkers !!

well anyway ,, guitar back in the cupboard ,,may just try it on ebay once again though ,, loved some of the mails ,, made me feel like i was human ?? lol which , may i say ,, im not !!

thanks paul

Why don't you just post a few pics? Super easy to do, and you will most likely get the answers that you seem to be searching for.

EDIT: Sorry, it seems like you have got an answer, but aren't convinced or happy with it?

Why don't you just post a few pics? Super easy to do, and you will most likely get the answers that you seem to be searching for.

EDIT: Sorry, it seems like you have got an answer, but aren't convinced or happy with it?

wish I could see the "sale ad" he's posted with it.....

probably..." verified by Gibson EXPERTS as blah blah blah"

he's gaming somebody....

oh, and BTW Pauly, I may be the village idiot, but i'm not the one coming into the forum, and using PMs also practically begging someone to say that the guitar is something it isnt....

so, i'm an idiot, but you're likely a crook......and i'm DEFINITELY not your buddy !!

and my grammar is better than yours as well. [flapper]

have a nice life.

thanks for replying danos ,, but for some reason i cannot post pics here ,, keeps on saying the photo s are too big ,, if someone could send me a link here for that photo shop thing that lets you post pics ,,i would be grateful ,, many thanks !!

wish I could see the "sale ad" he's posted with it.....

probably..." verified by Gibson EXPERTS as blah blah blah"

he's gaming somebody....

oh, and BTW Pauly, I may be the village idiot, but i'm not the one coming into the forum, and using PMs also practically begging someone to say that the guitar is something it isnt....

so, i'm an idiot, but you're likely a crook......and i'm DEFINITELY not your buddy !!

and my grammar is better than yours as well. [flapper]

have a nice life.

lol , well buddy (not ) if you actually read my last post , it says ,, i think its a 93 !! now , im not a musician in any shape or form !! and i posted here for some help to identify the guitar because of varying ages ,, by so called experts in the uk !! also ,,it says i don t need the money and back in the cupboard it goes , also , im sorry my grammer annoys you ,, some of us could nt go too school after the age of 12 ,, we were made to work to help our families.

the for sale ad was under smokey102013 , look there and you ll see the sale has just ended and the buyer , whos a musician , pulled out because he thought it was a heritage ,, not a classic , also you ll see some pics there .also ,, you ll see i advertised it as a 93 , many thanks for your input ,,lol

!!

Hello and welcome Paul!

You can post pictures using a Photobucket account. Upload pictures there. Then click on the "IMG" button to copy the link, and paste it into Your post here.

I am afraid, without pictures it would be hard to say anything.

Best regards... Bence

could you give me a link to photobucket please ?? thanks

[unsure] Oh dear, well I hope you cheer up by Monday! \:D/

Go on, send me the pics, or just show em to me on your phone next week. I'm in no doubt that you're right.

Just some extra info... I have no idea about the content but this chaps first 2 threads were deleted, it seems.

Curiouser and curiouser.

look on ebay , just sold the guitar ,, seller is smokey102013 thats me , there s picture s there . the buyer who s a musician pulled out , without actually seeing the guitar , saying he thought it was a heritage ,,not a classic ,, also ,, i advertised it as a 93 !! im was here again because im no musician !! and have nt got a clue !! and have had sooooo many varying ages given too me by so called guitar experts ,

also ,,look down the post ,, i think its a 93 ,, and i sold it as a 93 !! many thanks !!

Archived