Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
zombywoof

Back to Guitars - Three on a Sofa

Sorry, more than three but they're on a sofa, all Gibson's, all archtops. Two shots as I couldn't get the full sofa in one. Pic is from a little while ago so not all of them are around anymore.

PICT0429.jpg

PICT0430.jpg

Phil

Thats a Cool Lot.... the ebony paddle peghead... thats a walnut body is it not?

I own a 20 Style 0 and a 20 U..

Thats a Cool Lot.... the ebony paddle peghead... thats a walnut body is it not?

I own a 20 Style 0 and a 20 U..

Slimt,

Yeah, that's a cool one. When I had it restored they actually sent a little bit of the back wood out to be analyzed. I forget now if it was walnut or not. There is a interesting discussion of it here. http://theunofficialmartinguitarforum.yuku.com/topic/94930/Historic-guitar-restoration. The more recent part of the discussion starts on pg.2.

Phil

Sorry, more than three but they're on a sofa, all Gibson's, all archtops. Two shots as I couldn't get the full sofa in one. Pic is from a little while ago so not all of them are around anymore.

PICT0429.jpg

PICT0430.jpg

Phil

Woof

You complained about me showing more than 3 guitars, but Phil gets on a double gaggle pass -- you are treating him better even than you treated Chopped Liver.

Phil,

I don't get to say this often, but I know where there is an original case for that style 5 (oops - I guess it is a 4) mandocello -- it has nothing to do with me, but if you need one PM me and I will put you in touch.

And woof -- I did go through a sofa period while photographing guitars. I'm over it now and you can't go back -- but I may still find more[thumbup].

Let's pick,

-Tom

I found a few more.

Gibson bought off ebay in the early years:

ebaygibsons.jpg

Here is a double mahogany progression:

33, 33, 34, 35

0, 00 ,000, D

3335mahogany.jpg

As I recall, a lot of people insulted my couch -- which led me to the Persian Rug and Fireplace approach.

Let's pick,

-Tom

I don't have too many couch pictures. Here are some bones.

bones.jpg

There are some Gibsons.

jss.jpg

Pretty much the end of the couch pictures.

Best,

-Tom

Nice SMECK.

My Three Suns - J-45TV, Custom Shop SJ with the Luthiers Choice neck, and the JB. The J-200 is on vacation up in Montana visiting its previous owner for a bit of crowning.

GibsonSunset_zps885c13ec.jpg

My Three Suns - J-45TV, Custom Shop SJ with the Luthiers Choice neck, and the JB. The J-200 is on vacation up in Montana visiting its previous owner for a bit of crowning.

So the J-200 is Uncle Charlie?

So the J-200 is Uncle Charlie?

As a matter of fact, I suppose it is. Being a 2002 it's the eldest I have. Well, I suppose it's darn near "Vintage" to the rest of my herd. [biggrin]

Ill play but I don't have 3 acoustics, only 2. But they are a nice pair!

null_zps48b2c898.jpg

I use to have all of these Epiphone's at one time. Wish I still did!

cdf1653d9cb504e05e3375f669a9f191.jpg

Here are my couch arsenal. There's my 1962 Martin D-21, my 1950 Gibson LG1, my wife's 1921 OO-18 and my 1958 Goya M-26.

couchguitars_zps408d19d2.jpg

Here are a trio of sunbursts, The '58 M-26, the '50 LG1 and an Epiphone 12-string that I sold to my brother a few years ago.

couchsunbursts_zpsf66b50f1.jpg

Here are my mandos, a 1982 Washburn, a Trinity College OM and a 2005 Eastman 605:

couchmandos_zpsbbd62a8d.jpg

Three of my banjos: an old catalog banjo, an S.S.Stewart open back tenor and one that I built in the mid seventies.

couchbanjos_zps686ccc3c.jpg

Two of my ukuleles: a Johnson concert resophonic and a Koa Kala concert.

couchukes_zps001b402c.jpg

I still own all of these instruments except the 12-string, but the brown couch and love seat went to the Sally Ann a couple of years ago.

A bunch of uke style instruments on a futon in the back room. These belong to a group of people who were visiting. Some are mine and my wife's:

couchukes2_zps9374b7fd.jpg

The new couch with a Filipino banduria that my son and daughter in law brought me back from the Philippines. I put the mandolin in the picture to show the size. 14 strings and the tuning head is longer than the neck.

couchbanduria_zps314509f3.jpg

M friend and partner in The Maple Leaf Champions Jug Band owns the National guitar sitting next to my reso-uke.

couchresos_zps0b68605a.jpg

This wasn't planned but these three joined the herd this past week.

The J200 was a warranty replacement

The Les Paul was planned

The ES175 was a deal I could not pass on

es-j200-lp_zpsf603c6ba.jpg