Gibson Brands Forums

Need the pros opinion

cliffmac

I'm with Jerry...

The site he mentioned offers options not found in most places, including some overall bigger "music and guitar" web sites.

Last time I ordered, they didn't cover shipping, but buy enough sets at their decent prices and the shipping per set becomes far less relevant.

My last string "orgy" was a dozen or so sets - and single-string sets I wanted just for me that the companies don't combine - that I'm still messing with.

What I did - and take this with a grain of salt - is buy roughly two thirds sets I already know that I like well enough to consider my "standards" or slight variations - e.g., what kind of winding, what gauge, that are pretty much what I use. Then the other third is for experimentation.

I think that with some other stuff I ended up with a bill of something over $100-US, but that included some rather obscure flats and some string-by-string that costs more than buying by the set.

That's just a thought, but I can't imagine not doing some experimenting every now and then. I'm old, but I ain't dead.

m

That's the whole thing I have no choice I was out of options this last time and was pleasantly surprised with both sets I got. Thanks for the link

If you like both the Earthwood and the Masterbuilt premium , then what's your dilemma ?

You needed to know where to score them on the Internet?

Because 2 weeks ago you posted a similar question, since you were using Elixers and DRs.

You could try listing the strings your interested in using the survey form and get your questions answered more efficiently.

If you like both the Earthwood and the Masterbuilt premium , then what's your dilemma ?

You needed to know where to score them on the Internet?

Because 2 weeks ago you posted a similar question, since you were using Elixers and DRs.

You could try listing the strings your interested in using the survey form and get your questions answered more efficiently.

I agree and thank you I guess right now I'm like a kid in a candy store so now I start listing strings I have used and strings suggested. then make an order when they come in I will do the test you mentioned before until then i'll just sit back and learn as much as I can. again thank you all for your input.

Archived