Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
geoffsct

Just Found A Broadway Elitist! (And why I'm backing out)

I like my two Broadways so much I kept looking for an Elitist. I just found a sunburst and made a deal with the guy & will pick it up next week. Looks to be in showroom shape. Now I've got three and will try to let the first two of them go unless I can think of a reason to keep more than one. I happened into great deals on both (posted pics earlier) and will probably sell @ cost. That won't be till next month when I'm back home.

I like my two Broadways so much I kept looking for an Elitist. I just found a sunburst and made a deal with the guy & will pick it up next week. Looks to be in showroom shape. Now I've got three and will try to let the first two of them go unless I can think of a reason to keep more than one. I happened into great deals on both (posted pics earlier) and will probably sell @ cost. That won't be till next month when I'm back home.

Nice. You know the routine. Pic's a must [thumbup]

Beautiful!!! I'd like to find one like that too. Not wanting to be tacky, but can you tell what ya had to invest into it so I have a baseline with my search?

you're a fortunate duck. i've always wanted one, but never really needed one, so i couldn't justify the purchase. then they left. had some close calls on ebay, but i've managed to avoid them. see if you can get the original knobs back on. not sure why people take them off, i think they are neat.

I'm backing out of the deal because I don't think the guy understands my situation. I'll be passing by his location and would have to go a little out of route and have him meet me at a truck stop of his choice. He never confirmed that he could or would and did not respond when I requested a phone number so we could coordinate in real time. He just said to contact him when I get there (email I guess). I'll be under a load and can't wait around all day. He also never responded when I asked him for the serial number and if it comes with the case. Too bad, it probably would have gone just fine but some people just can't communicate. No hard feelings & I'm sure there are a few others out there. In his Craigslist ad he was asking $1200 but was quick to accept the $1000 cash I offered. In case someone wants to jump on this here's a link to the Craigslist ad. The location is Mifflin,OH near Mansfield. >>>>> http://mansfield.craigslist.org/msg/4258291187.html Good luck! It looks pretty nice in the photo. It's just too expensive for me to have someone maybe drop the ball.

Geoffsct,

Sad to hear how things turned out. I know it's not much, but "it's probably for the best".

If anything about the situation is not right, then, the situation is not right....Period.

The sad thing is that the item part of the deal sounded good.

"Sometimes the magic works, and sometimes it don't"

Willy

Even without a case, a grand for an Elitist Broadway in good condition is a STEAL!!! On eBay they go for anywhere from $1,800 to $2,200 these days.

Parabar--Yeah I know! It would just cost me too much to get hung up there right now and I don't like dealing with people that can't or won't answer simple questions. Hope it works out great for someone here that's been looking for one.